N Cables & Adapters
- Data Alliance provides N-type cables with LMR-100, LMR200, and LMR400 type coax as well as 1.13 for use with U.FL and MHF4 cables: These coaxial cables are designed to provide distortion free signals.
- Offers bandwidths up to 11 GHz.
- Our N-connectors (including the nuts and washers that come standard on our N-female connectors) are nickel plated and therefore are rust proof.
- Available in right angled models that facilitate their use at cramped locations in order to let the WiFi antennas remain vertical
- Available in threaded and slip on versions
- All of Data Alliance's N-type cables and adapters are 50 Ohms impedance
Type N coax is a medium-sized RF connector with threaded coupling used to connect medium-sized and miniature RG coaxial cables. The male and female connectors are usually made of brass or stainless steel. They terminate to either a coaxial cable or to a circuit board by crimping, clamping or soldering. The male and female are fully interchangeable and mostly comply with MIL-C_39012 specifications.
N-type connectors have a rugged dependability and durability even in harsh conditions. Type N connectors, when properly mated will couple and seal (using an O-ring) to a rating of IP67. At IP67 the contact is free from solid contaminants such as dust and sand, waterproof to a significant depth of immersion, and is vibration resistant. They are therefore weatherproof and suitable for outdoor applications.
Applications of N-type connectors and N-type cables
There are two versions of Type N connectors. 11 GHZ at 50 Ohms impedance, and 3 GHz at 75 Ohms impedance. Both have different applications and should not be interchanged. Mating parties of different versions may result in permanent damage to connectors. [All of Data Alliance's N-type cables and adapters are 50 Ohms impedance].
Type N connectors are designed for use in systems where reliable RF and performance is important. They were initially used by the military for Microwave transmission. Since then there has been a wide variety of applications, due to their durability, and the introduction of right-angled connectors for convenient cable management. Here are some of the areas the Type N connector and cables are widely used:
- Broadcast systems
- Base stations
- Microwave Radio
- Outdoor antennas
- Radar equipment
- Satellite systems
- Surge protection
- Wireless LAN