UniFi Access Points
Ubiquiti UniFi Access Points:
UniFi Access Points are high tech WiFi systems that combine central management control, unlimited scalability and enterprise performance. The features of the Access Points include
- UniFi 802.11AC Dual-Radio Access points with mounting hardware and refined industrial design.
- Easy setup and control through a standard web browser or an Android or iOS app.
- Plug and play installation and easy to use interfaces that reduce the need for hiring IT personnel
- Software-based capabilities that all for almost unlimited scalability
Outdoor Wireless Access Points
The UniFi AP-Outdoor models are what you need for outdoor installations. These come in two models: The UAP-Outdoor 5G for 5 GHz and the UAP-Outdoor for 2.4 GHz. The UAP-Outdoor 2.4 GHz comes in different variations that include; the UAP, the UAP-LR, and the UAP-PRO among others.
- These models are compatible with the AP-Pro, the AP-Mini, AP-LR, and the UniFi AP.
Features of the outdoor models:
- An Access Point will only uplink to another Access Point if they are on the same radio band.
- The UniFi comes with UniFi Controller software that makes it possible to manage the access point using a web browser.
- They come with hardware such as pole mounts and metal brackets that makes it possible to mount your access point hardware on the ceiling or on a wall.
- All outdoor Ubiquiti UniFi Access Points have passive PoE capability and also come with PoE adapters.
Indoor Wireless Access Points
Ubiquiti Access Points for indoor use include several models that include the UAP-AC-EDU, UAP-AC-PRO, UAP-AC-LR, UAP-AC-LITE, UAP-ACIW-PRO, and UAP-AC-IW. They typically come with:
- A Unified Management System that allows for unlimited indoor AP scalability
- Higher speeds on the 5GHz radio band of up to 1300 Mbps
- Intuitive UniFi Controller software that makes it easy to control all your access points from one interface
- Intuitive UniFi Controller Software
- The UniFi 802.11 AC Dual Radio access point feature with cutting edge MIMO technology.
 UAP HD
Can be used indoors in small spaces such as theaters but can also be used outside in larger spaces such as outdoor fairs and concert venues. Its features include
- MIMO technology that makes it possible for the access point to communicate with multiple clients at the same time
- Better range and throughput through the multiple antennas that make sending and receiving data easier
- Independent 5 GHz and 2.4GHz radios that reduce latency and maximize multi-user throughput
Can be used in both outside deployments or for medium office and home usage. Its features include:
- High speeds of up to 450 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz range and up to 1300 Mbps on the 5GHz range.
- Brands such as the UniFi AC Mesh AP come with Dual-Radio 3x3 11AC MIMO Technology that allows for simultaneous connections in the two bands
- A versatile design that makes it compatible with third-party enterprise devices through its 802.3AF PoE
Ubiquiti AirCube Indoor Access Points
The Ubiquiti AirCube is an integrated 24V passthrough compact design indoor wireless access point that is made to work with airMAX Customer Premise Equipment (CPE). These access points come in two models:
 AirCube AC
This is a Dual-band wireless access point with 2x2 MIMO technology and 802.11ac, which provides maximum wireless performance. It provides:
- Up to 300 Mbps with 2.4 GHz of radio band speeds
- Up to 866.7 Mbps with 5GHz of radio band speeds
 AirCube ISP
This is a 2x2 MIMO technology access point with 802.11n that provides:
- Up to 300 Mbps of Wi-Fi speeds when using the 2.4 GHz of radio band speed
Features of Ubiquiti AirCube
- Versatile Power Options – Both models are versatile and using a 24V PoE adapter, you can provide power both to the wireless access point and then pass it through to an airMAX CPE.
- Management – The Ubiquiti AirCube is easy to manage as it comes with intuitive interfaces for easy control and set up. It comes in two modes: Web UI and the Ubiquiti Network Management System (UNMS).
- Web UI – You can log into the Web UI and enable the standalone utility, which allows you to make basic configurations.
- UNMS – Download an Android or iOS app, which you can then use to manage and control all your Ubiquiti devices on your smartphone or tablet. This may include backing up, upgrade, configuration, and monitoring of your devices among other tasks.