RP TNC Extension Cables
We offer three coaxial cable options for our RP-TNC cables (thickness and flexibility of the cable): All have a a black jacket. All of our RP-TNC cables are are rated for outdoor use and are also suitable for indoor use:
- The LMR-100: A double-shielded relatively thin coax, that has similar flexibility as RG174, and has much better signal-loss-per-meter (less attenuation / signal loss) than RG174 and RG178. The higher quality of the cable translates into lower loss/better performance. Cable is equivalent to LMR-100 in thickness. Recommended tightest continuous bend radius is 1.1 inch (28mm).
- The LMR-200 cable-type has much lower attenuation (signal loss) than LMR-100 and RG58.
- In both cases of coax types, the cables are rated for outdoor use and are also suitable for indoor use.
- Double-shielding of both LMR-100 and LMR-200 enables low signal loss. Both are flexible/easily bendable (LMR-100 is more flexible/bendable). The double-shielding is a major factor in the higher quality of this cable, which translates into lower loss/better performance.
- See comparison of LMR-100 and LMR-200 attenuation (signal loss).
- Our RP-TNC right-angle to RP-TNC cables are made with RG58 coax.
Compatibility with wireless applications: Our antenna cable's range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm gear, makes it suitable and compliant for all the following applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax, 5G: Data and voice applications.
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine to Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
RP-TNC: Round screw-type connector, with nickel-plated brass.
- Nickel-plated brass is the best plating-alloy for corrosion-resistance.
- RP-TNC is similar to BNC except that whereas BNC has a slotted mating collar, RP-TNC has a screw-down type connector. RP-TNC's screw-down connector performs better than BNC in the microwave spectrum.
- RP=Reverse Polarity. Gender of RP-TNC is counter-intuitive: Click for details.
RP-TNC male connector fits older LinkSys & Cisco wireless routers, as well as other items that have a RP-TNC jack/connector.