FME-female to N-male Cable: 10-FT Double-Shielded Outdoor Indoor
- 0.23 LBS
- Both the FME-female and N-male connectors have a nickel-plated brass body for enhanced corrosion resistance: This is the most weather-resistant, corrosion-resistant plating.
- This cable is rated for outdoor use and is also suitable for indoor use.
- Allows interconnection of devices with N-female and FME-male interfaces: Antennas, antenna cables and wireless devices.
- Use for coaxial extension, coaxial interface conversion, coax retrofit applications
- Gold plated center contact for reduced signal loss.
Antenna Cable Coax is double-shielded for low signal loss but is very flexible. It has a black PVC jacket.
- The cable-type is 200-series, which is equivalent to LMR-200 in quality
- Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter (attenuation) and flexibility as LMR200, and much less attenuation (signal loss) than RG58.
- The double-shielding is a major factor in the higher quality of this cable, which translates into lower signal loss/better performance.
- Rated for outdoor use and are also suitable for indoor use.
- Cable is very flexible/easily bendable coax.
- See comparison of 200-series to 100-series attenuation (signal loss).
N-male Connector Characteristics and Details: Durable, weatherproof connection
- The N-male-bulkhead connector has an internal rubber O-ring, which provides a water-tight seal.
- N is nickel-plated brass, which is the best metals composition for rust-proof / corrosion proof / weatherproofing for long-term outdoor exposure.
- Our N connectors provide a consistent performance from 900MHz to 12.5 GHz.
- N-Female diameter is 0.620-inch (1.57 cm). N-male inside diameter is 0.620-inch (1.57 cm)
- N-connector gender is counter-intuitive.
- N-Type connectors are the largest of the RF connector types, and are usually found on large antennas, especially for outdoor use.
- Our N-Type connectors feature threaded coupling mechanisms and are fully interchangeable with N-Type connectors made to the MIL-C-39012 specification. These connectors are used in all systems where excellent RF and mechanical performance is critical.
- N materials composition:
- Connector Body: Nickel-Plated Brass. The most corrosion-resistant of all plated brass alloys (better than gold-plated).
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
FME (For Mobile Equipment) is a miniature 50 Ohm impedance RF connector with excellent performance from DC to 2.0 GHz. FME is primarily used with LMR-100 or LMR-200 coaxial cables employed in mobile applications and installations. FME female's narrow, cone-like shape allows FME cables to be snaked through the often tight access holes or spaces of a vehicle to the desired equipment location(s) where an FME male adapter to the required equipment connector series is fitted to the female cable connector.
Compatibility with wireless applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax, 5G: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine to Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
Our antenna cables' range of frequency band compatibility (from 0GHz to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm gear, makes them compatible and compliant for all the above applications.