NMO Adapter To N-Female or UHF
- In stock
- 0.30 LBS
NMO mount adapter to UHF or N-female connector:
This adapter screws into the base of any NMO antenna, regardless of whether the NMO style is MABO (⅜ inch hole) or MBO (3/4 inch hole).
See our NMO-mount-compatible antennas (this adapter fits them):
- LTE antennas including Multiband LTE
- WiFi & BlueTooth NMO-mount compatible antennas
- 900MHz antennas for LoRaWAN, Helium & any application in the 890-915 MHz frequency band
Compatibility with wireless standards & applications: Our SMA cables range of frequency band compatibility (from 0GHz to 18GHz), consistently low broadbandVSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm cables, makes them compatible and compliant for all the following applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine to Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT
N-female Connector Characteristics and Details
- N is nickel-plated brass, which is the best metals composition for rust-proof / corrosion proof / weatherproofing for long-term outdoor exposure.
- N-Female diameter is 0.620-inch (1.57 cm).
- N-type connectors are usually rated up to 12.5GHz, making them usable in not just WiFi applications, but also in the higher end of the microwave spectrum.
NMO antenna bases, MABO and MBO: Key Points
- MABO (3/8" diameter version) and MBO (3/4" diameter version) are the two different types of through-hole NMO connector.
- NMO is a thru-hole mount type that is optimized for vehicular roof mounting of an NMO type antenna.
- NMO ring hole size: There is a 3/8" version and a 3/4" version.
- MABO works with a ⅜ inch hole
- MBO works with a ¾ inch hole
Adapter materials composition:
- Connector Body: Nickel-Plated Brass, which is the most corrosion-resistant of all plated brass alloys (better than gold-plated)
- Weatherproofing for long-term outdoor exposure.
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated for low signal loss
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
The UHF connector's body is made from machined, nickel-plated brass with a Teflon insulato. Though it is rugged and easy to handle and mate, it is not weatherproof, limiting its applications. The outside diameter of the mated connector is usually 18 millimeters but can vary.
The connectors have 5⁄8 inch 24 TPI UNEF standard threading
- The male UHF connector has internalized threads and carries a brass conductor pin
- The female UHF connector has externalized threads and carries a brass receptacle.