N-male to FME-Male and FME-Female Adapters
- In stock
- 0.12 LBS
RF Adapters: FME female/male to N-type male
- Allows interconnection of devices with N female to devices with FME male or female interfaces: Antennas, antenna cables and wireless devices.
- For coaxial extension, coaxial interface conversion, coax retrofit applications
- Nickel-plated brass body for enhanced corrosion resistance: Nickel plating is the most weather-resistant, corrosion-resistant metal plating.
- Gold plated center contact for reduced signal loss.
- Suitable for outdoor or indoor applications.
Compatibility with wireless applications: This antenna cable adapter's range of frequency band compatibility (from 0GHz to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm cables, makes them compatible and compliant for all the following applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax, 5G: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation Machine to Machine (M2M) Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
FME cables & adapters are typically used for cellular-phone and data-card amplifiers antennas.
- See other FME cables & adapters
FME (For Mobile Equipment) is a miniature 50 Ohm impedance RF connector with excellent performance from DC to 2.0 GHz. FME is primarily used with LMR-100 or LMR-200 coaxial cables employed in mobile applications and installations. FME female's narrow, cone-like shape allows FME cables to be snaked through the often tight access holes or spaces of a vehicle to the desired equipment location(s) where an FME male adapter to the required equipment connector series is fitted to the female cable connector.
N-male Connector Characteristics and Details:
N is the largest of RF connector types, and very common to see on large antennas (most large antennas have an N-female connector).
- N is nickel-plated brass, which is the best metals composition for rust-proof / corrosion proof / weatherproofing for long-term outdoor exposure.
- N-male inside diameter is 0.620-inch (1.57 cm)
- N-type connectors are usually rated up to 12.5GHz, making them usable in not just WiFi applications, but also in the higher end of the microwave spectrum.
- The N-male connector is knurled.
Adapter materials composition:
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated for low signal loss
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
GENDER DETERMINATION: GENDER of FNE and Type-N IS COUNTER-INTUITIVE in two ways:
- The gender is referring to the coaxial-cable pins on the inside-not to the threads.
- FME female has threads on outside. FME male has threads on the inside.
- N male has threads on inside.
RELATED PRODUCT CATEGORIES