Adapters with SMA connector(s)
Our antenna cable adapters are compatible and compliant for all types of wireless applications, including:
- WiFi & WiMax networks: 802.11N, AC, G, A, B. 900MHz, 2.4GHz & 5GHz applications
- LTE, GSM, ISM
- IoT wireless protocols including BlueTooth, RFID, LoRa, NB-IoT, ZigBee, LTE-m.
- Any other application with wireless antennas with frequency between 0 and 18GHz, and 50 Ohms impedance-matching.
Our SMA adapters are precision machined and gold or nickel-plated for resistance to the elements and low loss.
SMA Adapter Composition:
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Connector Body: Gold-plated brass or nickel-plated brass
- Insulators: PTFE
SMA female connector is also called "SMA jack" and SMA-male is also called "SMA plug." SMA is often confused with RP-SMA, which is Reverse-Polarity SMA. RP-SMA is more common.
Diameters of SMA male and female connectors:
- SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm)(the inside diameter where the threads are).
- SMA-female requires a 6.5mm hole.
SMA Antenna Cable Adapters: Types and Applications
These antenna cable adapters with SMA connectors are specialized radio frequency circuit components that create compatibility between RF connectors of different
These passive components can support megahertz to gigahertz frequency with reliable impedance matching and signal performance. They are precision machined to provide the required transition in connector class or gender without creating steps in impedance that would compromise performance.
Types of adapters with SMA connector
Adapters are diverse and have a broad range of combinations, the main classes of adapters include:
- In-series SMA adapters, also known as gender-changing SMA adapters, can connect with other SMA connectors at both ends. These connectors provide conversion based on gender (e.g. male-female, female-female, male-male) and orientation. They may also be described as adapters.
- Between-series adapters with SMA connectors create a connection between an SMA connector and radio frequency connectors of different types or classes, for example, an SMA to N adapter or an SMA to TNC adapter. The delicate electrical connections between the different interfaces on the adapters keep signal loss to a minimum as the adapter structurally transitions two connector types.
These adapters also include SMA adapters with straight or angled configurations and bulkhead adapters that facilitate panel mounting or silicone gaskets for robust ingress protection.
Each end of these adapters mates with its complementary connector so that an in-line connection can be made between cables, antennas, or other radio components that normally would be unable to be directly mated. The types of connections that can be created with these adapters span:
- Snap-on coupling
Applications of Adapters with SMA connector
The use of adapters with SMA connectors is widespread including radio devices and components like antennas, GPS receivers, surge protectors, power amplifiers, base stations, and test and measurement devices. SMA is one of the leading radio frequency connector classes for cellular networking and is also used in Wi-Fi, GPS, satellite communications, and LPWAN.