SMA Quick Connect Male to Female Adapter QMA Slide-On for Testing
- In stock
- 0.03 LBS
SMA Quick Connect Male to Female Adapter
SMA Male to Female Quick Disconnect Push-On Coaxial Adapter Connector, for testing. Also known as QMA slide-on.
Threaded SMA female on one side & quick connect SMA male on the other
- Impedance: 50 Ohm
- VSWR 1.25:1
- DC to 18 GHz
- Gold Plated Stainless Steel
SMA is a round screw-type connector, that is rated for frequencies from the lowest up to 18GHz: This antenna cable is compliant for all types of wireless antennas , including WiFi & WiMAX networks: 802.11N, AC, G, A, B. 900MHz, 2.4GHz & 5GHz applications, as well as any other frequency between 0 and 18GHz.
The SMA Quick Connect Adapter offers the characteristics, functioning and benefits of a SMA connector with exceptionally easy coupling and de-coupling. This makes it a superb tool for applications such as testing a large batch of antennas, in which repeated mating and disconnection cycles are needed. The SMA slide on adapter is also able to convert SMA test cables into quick connect SMA cables for ready mating and disconnection in test environments.
Key Features & Benefits:
This coaxial adapter has a straight jack to straight plug configuration’. The coupling mechanism of the SMA quick connect adapter is similar to the standard SMA connector, with male pin, female sheath and secure union. The connection is not threaded but a 'push-turn’ coupling which does not require tooling.
The SMA quick connect adapter offers a number of benefits which are of particular advantage for testing applications.
- Save time: the SMA slide on adapter is designed for fast and readily repeatable mating's which require less space, dexterity and tooling than with a standard SMA connector which needs to be screwed down. This makes the SMA quick connect the ideal choice for test environments where efficiencies are needed.
- Save money: As the SMA push on adapter design accommodates repeat use, it offers great reliability over many mating's while still offering the reliability of the standard SMA connector.
- A reliable connection: though simple, the SMA push on adapter is secured by a chamfer and positive locking system. The connection is secure and resilient against vibrations, but affords ready dismounting without damaging the connectors on PCBs or panels.
The SMA quick connect is also interchangeable with QMA slide on adapters and use the same crimping and PCB cut out. The push on adapter also works with the range of SMA connectors and SMA adapters.
Uses of the SMA Quick Connect Adapter:
The SMA slide-on adapter offers great utility in a broad range of radio frequency applications where a 50 ohm impedance connection for coax cables is needed. Its utility in antenna testing is notable as the ease of mating and dismounting means that it can be readily used in testing to characterize the performance or assess the functioning of radio frequency antennas.
This adapter's range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz) and 50 Ohms impedance matching , makes it suitable and compliant for all the following applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMAX: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine to Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT
Insertion loss: 0.26 dB maximum
I wanted these to see if i could save time when setting up and breaking down my FPV gear in the field, worked a charm. Note I wouldn't risk this with my primary antenna, I use it on my secondary patch antenna.