U.FL to N-male Cable: 3-inch, 4-in, 6-in, 8-in, 10-in, 1FT, 14-in, 16-in, 18-in, 20-in
(You save )
- 0.05 LBS
- U.FL To N-male: One end has a U.FL connector, and the other end has a N-male connector.
- The length refers to the length of the cable between the connectors (not including the connectors).
- Cable type is 1.13 for the six-inch cable and RG174 for the 8-inch and longer cables.
Coaxial Cable Options for our U.FL to N-male cables:
- 1.13mm mini-coaxial cable (50 Ohm impedance): This is a very thin and flexible cable, with a black jacket. When connecting U.FL connector to a jack on a miniPCI card or board, often the tight space requires the use of 1.13mm cable, because it is very thin and flexible. The very thin cable is typically needed in tight spaces inside of enclosures, so that the U.FL connector will snap down on the jack without popping off.
- RG174 coax: RG174 is better quality than 1.13mm and has a black jacket. The higher quality of this cable translates into lower signal loss/better performance. This cable is rated for outdoor use and is also suitable for indoor use. Note that LMR-100 coax is too thick in diameter to use with U.FL connectors.
- Special Orders: Please see this note about options for thickness of the coax, and note that we can make special orders with 1.13mm, RG174 or 1.32mm coax, if you want a lower-loss, thicker cable for the shorter versions of this cable. 1.32mm coax is double-shielded while also very thin (1.32mm diameter): Contact us to make a special order.
Compatibility with Wireless Standards & Applications
N-male Connector Characteristics and Details: Durable, weatherproof connection
- The N-male-bulkhead connector has an internal rubber O-ring, which provides a water-tight seal.
- The N (male) connector is knurled.
- N-type connectors' body is nickel-plated brass, which is the best metals-plating alloy for rust-proof / corrosion proof / weatherproofing for long-term outdoor exposure.
- Our N connectors provide a consistent performance from 900MHz to 12.5 GHz. Being rated up to 12.5GHz, makes them usable in not just WiFi applications, but also in the higher end of the microwave spectrum.
- N-Female diameter is 0.620-inch (1.57 cm). N-male inside diameter is 0.620-inch (1.57 cm)
- N-connector gender is counter-intuitive: Gender refers to the pin inside and not the threads.
- N-Type connector is the largest of the RF connector types, and are usually found on large antennas, especially for outdoor use.
N materials composition:
- Connector Body: Nickel-Plated Brass: The most corrosion-resistant of all plated brass alloys (better than gold-plated).
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
U.FL Connector Characteristics
- U.FL female has a socket. U.FL male has a pin and is the connector that is the "jack" on a devices such as Bluetooth boards, and ZigBee radios such as XBee, Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and internal mini-PCI wireless cards (even though the gender is male, it is the jack U.FL connector.
- U.FL connectors are widely used in M2M and IoT (Internet of Things) wireless applications.
- U.FL female right-angle type is the most common U.FL connector type found on U.FL cables: 95% of U.FL cables have a U.FL female right-angle connector.
- Gender Determination: Micro-connectors such as U.FL have gender that is counter to typical RF terminology for gender, in that "jack" is more typically synonymous with "female:" A U.FL jack on a board (PCB) is the male U.FL, and the connector that mates with the jack is the female.
- Connecting and disconnecting U.FL connectors from the jack can be difficult to do properly without damaging the U.FL connector or jack. We offer a U.FL insertion tool to enable you to connect/insert and remove/disconnect easily, without causing any damage to the cable, connector or jack.
- U.FL connector is also known as Ultra Miniature Coax Connectors (UMCC), and enables attaching antenna to a U.FL jack/connector on PCBs: U.FL female mates with a female HiRose/U.FL jack, also known as U.FL-LP-66 jack/connector.
- U.FL connector is precision machined and gold-plated brass for low signal loss.
RELATED PRODUCTS & INFO:
Write a Review