SMA-female To TNC-male Adapter
- 0.04 LBS
TNC-male to SMA-female Adapter
- Allows interconnection of devices with SMA male and TNC female interfaces: Antennas, antenna cables and wireless devices.
- Use for Coaxial extension, coaxial interface conversion, coax retrofit applications
- Nickel-plated brass body for enhanced corrosion resistance: This is the most weather-resistant, corrosion-resistant plating.
- Gold plated center contact for reduced signal loss.
- Suitable for outdoor or indoor applications.
Compatibility with wireless applications & standards:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
TNC is a round screw-type connector, with nickel-plated brass. TNC is similar to BNC except that whereas BNC has a slotted mating collar, TNC has a screw-down type connector. RP-TNC's screw-down connector performs better than BNC in the microwave spectrum.
SMA female connectors' Characteristics & Details
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined
- SMA female Diameter:
- SMA female outside diameter is 5/16": Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (the inside diameter where the threads are). In other words, the inside diameter of the hex bolt is 5/16"
- SMA-female requires a 6.5mm hole
- SMA is a round screw-type connector, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- SMA female connector is also referred to as a "jack". It has a socket.
- SMA gender is counter-intuitive: Please observe picture & note it is correct.
- We offer an SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with SMA or RP-SMA connector(s).
Related Products Categories and Information:
- SMA Adapters
- SMA Extension Cables Male-Female
- SMA Male to male cables
- SMA Cables, Antennas and Connectors
- Gender of SMA is counterintuitive
We are replacing antennas as needed on our fleet cars but the new antennas only have an SMA connector while our current modems have a TNC female connector. Most new modems use SMA so with these adapters we can upgrade the antennas as needed without worrying about future compatibility issues. (and they were way less expensive that our antenna vendor wanted for the same thing.)