BNC male to RP-SMA male Adapter Connector
- 0.07 LBS
- Related adapters: Adapters with BNC connectors
- Allows interconnection of devices with RP-SMA female and BNC female interfaces: Antennas, antenna cables and wireless devices.
- Use for Coaxial extension, coaxial interface conversion, coax retrofit applications
- Nickel-plated brass body for enhanced corrosion resistance: This is the most weather-resistant, corrosion-resistant plating.
- Gold plated center contact for reduced signal loss.
Compatibility with wireless standards and applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
BNC: Round connector with slotted mating collar. Quick-disconnect connector for coaxial cable: It is not only used for Wireless Antenna extensions, but also for video, audio, and networking coax applications.
RP-SMA Connector Characteristics and Details
- RP-SMA male and female diameter:
- RP-SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm) (the inside diameter where the threads are).
- RP-SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- RP-SMA Gender Determination: Key Points
- RP-SMA gender is counter-intuitive: Please observe picture & note it is correct.
- The gender is referring to the pins inside--not the threads. RP-SMA male has threads on inside.
- RP-SMA male has a socket inside rather than a pin, as you might expect, because the RP stands for "Reverse Polarity." The socket/pin configuration is female when it appears to be male, and vice versa.
- More details regarding RP-SMA gender determination.
- RP-SMA-Connector Materials Composition:
- Connector Body: Gold Plated Brass
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
- Other RP-SMA Characteristics and Key Points
- RP-SMA-male is also called "plug" and SMA female connector is also called "jack"
- We offer an RP-SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with RP-SMA or SMA connector(s).
- RP-SMA-male connector fits items that have an SMA-female connector.
- RP-SMA is a round screw-type connector, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- RP-SMA connectors are not compatible with the common, commercially available Type F coaxial connector. Type F connectors look similar but are of slightly different size and will not pair with RP-SMA or SMA connectors without an adapter.
ROHS 3 and REACH compliant: The entire product is ROHS 3 compliant and free of lead and other heavy metals.