U.FL to RP-SMA female PCB mount Jack: Cable 1.5-inch Low Loss Shielded
(You save )
- 0.14 LBS
Antenna Cable / Adapter Cable: uFL to RP-SMA-male female PCB-mount jack connector
- RP-SMA jack for mounting on PCB board, with cable to U.FL connector.
- Cable is shielded for low signal loss.
- The length refers to the length of the cable between the connectors (not including the connectors).
- One end has an RP-SMA-female PCB-mount jack connector, and the other end has a uFL connector.
Coaxial Cable Types for U.FL cables:
- Coaxial cable type is 1.37mm mini coaxial cable: 1.37mm has lower signal loss than 1.13mm and has a black jacket. The higher quality of this cable translates into lower loss/better performance. This cable is rated for outdoor use and is also suitable for indoor use. Note that LMR-100 coax is too thick in diameter to use with U.FL connectors.
- Special Orders: Please see this note about options for thickness of the coax, and note that we can make special orders with 1.13mm, RG174 or 1.32mm coax, if you want a lower-loss, thicker cable for the shorter versions of this cable. 1.13mm coax is very thin (1.13mm diameter) which may be necessary for very tight spaces, inside cases and enclosures: Contact us to make a special order.
Compatibility with wireless standards & applications
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
RP-SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter.
The threaded portion of the RP-SMA-female connector is 12mm.
- RP-SMA Gender Determination: Key Points
- SMA gender is counter-intuitive: Please observe picture & note it is correct.
- The gender is referring to the pins inside--not the threads. SMA male has threads on inside.
- RP-SMA (reverse polarity) means that the pin and socket configuration is the opposite of what you would expect: RP-SMA female has a pin inside, and RP-SMA male has a socket inside.
- More details regarding SMA & RP-SMA gender determination.
- Other RP-SMA Characteristics and Key Points
- RP-SMA female connector is also called "jack" and SMA-male is also called "plug."
- We offer an SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with RP-SMA connector(s).
- RP-SMA-female connector fits items that have an RP-SMA-male connector.
- RP-SMA is a round screw-type connectors, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- RP-SMA Gender Determination: Key Points
- Connector Body: Gold Plated Brass
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
U.FL Connectors Characteristics
- U.FL female has a socket. U.FL male has a pin and is the connector that is the "jack" on a devices such as BlueTooth boards, and ZigBee radios such as XBee, Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and internal mini-PCI wireless cards (even though the gender is male, it is the jack U.FL connector.
- U.FL connectors are widely used in M2M and IOT (Internet of Things) wireless applications.
- U.FL female right-angle type is the most common U.FL connector type found on U.FL cables: 95% of U.FL cables have a U.FL female right-angle connector.
- Gender Determination: Micro-connectors such as U.FL have gender that is counter to typical RF terminology for gender, in that "jack" is more typically synonymous with "female:" A U.FL jack on a board (PCB) is the male U.FL, and the connector that mates with the jack is the female.
- Connecting and disconnecting U.FL connectors from the jack can be difficult to do properly without damaging the U.FL connector or jack. We offer a U.FL insertion tool to enable you to connect/insert and remove/disconnect easily, without causing any damage to the cable, connector or jack.
- U.FL connector is also known as Ultra Miniature Coax Connectors (UMCC), and enables attaching antenna to a U.FL jack/connector on PCBs: U.FL female mates with a female HiRose/U.FL jack, also known as U.FL-LP-66 jack/connector.
- U.FL connector is precision machined and gold-plated brass for low signal loss.
Write a Review