SMA-female To U.FL Cable: 1FT 14-inch 16" 18" 20" 22" 2FT 26" 28" 30" 32" 41"
- In stock
- 0.04 LBS
SMA-female To U.FL Cable
Antenna Cable: SMA female to U.FL: Length options:
- Choose among length options 12-inch up to 26-inches on this page, above.
- Other length options: 1-inch, 2", 3", 4-inch, 5-inch, 6-inch, 7-inch, 8-inch, 9-inch and 10-inches.
- The length refers to the length of the cable between the connnectors (not including the connectors).
- Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of SMA and U.FL connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
One end has a U.FL connector and the other end has a SMA female (bulkhead) connector.
Coaxial cable type options for our U.FL cables:
RG174 coax is thicker and has lower signal loss (attenuation) than 1.13mm while also being flexible/easily bendable. RG174 is better quality than 1.13mm and has a black jacket. The higher quality of this cable translates into lower loss/better performance. This cable is rated for outdoor use and is also suitable for indoor use. Note that LMR-100 coax is too thick in diameter to use with U.FL connectors.
- 1.13mm mini-coaxial cable (Impedance: 50 Ohms ): This is a very thin and flexible cable, with a black jacket. When connecting U.FL connector to a jack on a miniPCI card or board, often the tight space requires the use of 1.13mm cable, because it is very thin and flexible (diameter is 1.13mm). This very thin cable is typically needed in tight spaces inside of enclosures , so that the U.FL connector will snap down on the jack without popping off.
- 1.32mm coax is double-shielded while also very thin (1.32mm diameter).
- 1.37mm coax is another low-loss option.
Special Orders: Please see this note about options for thickness of the coax, and note that we can make special orders with 1.13mm, RG174, 1.32mm and 1.37mm coax, if you want a lower-loss, thicker cable for the shorter versions of this cable. Contact us to make a special order.
Please see this note about options for thickness of the coax, and note that we can make special orders with 1.13mm cable if you wish, for better flexibility.
SMA-female connectors: Characteristics
- SMA female connector includes a bulkhead nut and washer:
- This can be used to mount the connector (and thus the cable) on the wall of a network enclosure (to weatherproof the cable connection), or mount the connector on a case, panel or Printed Circuit Bard (PCB).
- Weatherproofing: Seal the hole where the female connector is mounted, by placing an O-ring between the wall of the enclosure and the bulkhead nut & washer on the female connector.
- The length of our standard SMA-female connector (threaded part) is 3/8 inches. We have a longer option: 14.5mm, which is available as an option. The longer 14.5mm option has an O-ring embedded in the flange to waterproof the port where the cable enters a network enclosure
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined
- SMA female Diameter:
- SMA female outside diameter is 5/16": Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (the inside diameter where the threads are). In other words, the inside diameter of the hex bolt is 5/16".
- SMA-female requires a 6.5mm hole.
- SMA is a round screw-type connector, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- SMA female connector is also referred to as a "jack". It has a socket.
U.FL Connectors Characteristics
- U.FL female has a socket. U.FL female right-angle type is the most common.
- U.FL connector type found on U.FL cables: 95% of U.FL cables have a U.FL female right-angle connector.
- U.FL male has a pin and is the connector: Male U.FL is the gender that is the "jack" that is embedded directly on to a circuit board on devices such as Bluetooth boards, and ZigBee radios such as XBee, Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and internal mini-PCI wireless cards (even though the gender is male, it is the jack U.FL connector. Hence the male connectors / jacks are very rigid.
- The small size of U.FL connectors has made them an excellent fit in Machine-To-Machine (M2M) and IoT (Internet of Things) wireless applications, since they take up very little space in the cramped cases of small devices, such as Bluetooth beacons.
Gender Determination: Micro-connectors such as U.FL have gender that is counter to typical RF terminology for gender, in that "jack" is more typically synonymous with "female:" A U.FL jack on a board (PCB) is the male U.FL, and the connector that mates with the jack is the female.
- Connecting and disconnecting U.FL connectors from the jack can be difficult to do properly without damaging the U.FL connector or jack. We offer a U.FL insertion tool to enable you to connect/insert and remove/disconnect easily, without causing any damage to the cable, connector or jack.
- U.FL connector is also known as Ultra Miniature Coax Connectors (UMCC), and enables attaching an external antenna to a U.FL jack/connector on Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs): U.FL female mates with a female HiRose/U.FL jack, also known as U.FL-LP-66 jack/connector.
U.FL Connectors' Material composition
- Male has a silver-plated phosphor bronze made the shell, and a gold-plated brass made contact.
- Female: The shell and contact of Female U.FL connectors are made of phosphor bronze but are silver, and gold-plated respectively. Female U.FL connectors are the ones used in the termination of antenna cable.
- U.FL connectors are precision machined. The gold-plating enables low signal loss.
RoHS 3 and REACH compliant: All of our antenna cables and RF adapters are compliant with RoHS 3 and REACH standards of content limits of lead and other toxic materials.
Compatibility with wireless protocols and applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A.
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax: Data and voice applications.
- IoT wireless & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
Our U.FL cables' range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz) and 50 Ohms impedance matching, makes them suitable and compliant for all the above applications.
RELATED PRODUCTS CATEGORIES: