RP-SMA Extension Cable: 3FT: Male (Plug) to Female (Jack)
- 0.06 LBS
RPSMA male to female Antenna Cable
- One end has a RP SMA male connector, and the other end has a RP SMA female connector with bulkhead nut & washer for mounting and weatherproofing.
- This cable is 1 meter long (3 feet 4 inches).
- Other lengths of our RP-SMA extension cables from inches to meters.
- Directory of other RP-SMA cable types
- The cable length stated in the length options is the length between the connectors.
- The connectors are straight RP-SMA-male and straight RP-SMA female connector with bulkhead.
Cable is double-shielded, low-loss and very flexible/easily bendable coax with black jacket.
We offer two options of thickness for this cable: Both are rated for outdoor use and suitable for indoor use.
- The 100-series coaxial cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR100: Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR100, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG174 and RG178. The higher quality of the cable of this antenna translates into lower loss/better performance. Cable is equivalent to LMR-100 in thickness. Recommended tightest continuous bend radius is 1.1 inch (28mm).
- The 200-series coaxial cable type is equivalent to LMR200: It has much lower attenuation (signal loss) than LMR-100 and RG58. Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR-200.
- See comparison of attenuation of 100-series and 200-series coax types (signal loss).
- The double-shielding is a major factor in the higher quality of our cables: It translates into lower loss/better performance.
- This can be used to mount the connector (and thus the cable) on the wall of a network enclosure (to weatherproof the cable connection), or mount the connector on a case, panel or Printed Circuit Bard (PCB).
- Weatherproofing: Seal the hole where the female connector is mounted, by placing an O-ring between the wall of the enclosure and the bulkhead nut & washer on the female connector.
- The length of our standard RP-SMA-female connector (threaded part) is 3/8 inches. We have a longer option: 14.5mm, which is available as an option. The longer 14.5mm option has an O-ring embedded in the flange to waterproof the port where the cable enters a network enclosure
- RP-SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- RP-SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm) (the inside diameter where the threads are).
- Connector Body: Gold Plated Brass
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
- RP-SMA = Reverse Polarity SMA. Also known as SMA-RP, SMA-R, SMA RP, SMA R.
- RP-SMA gender is counter-intuitive: The gender is referring to the pins inside-not the threads. RP-SMA male has threads on inside. More details regarding RP-SMA gender determination.
- RP-SMA female connector is also called "jack" and RP-SMA-male is also called "plug."
- RP-SMA is a round screw-type connector, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- We offer an RP-SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with RP-SMA or SMA connector(s).
- RP-SMA connectors are not compatible with the common, commercially available Type F coaxial connector. Type F connectors look similar but are of slightly different size and will not pair with RP-SMA or SMA connectors without an adapter.
Compatibility with wireless standards & applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax, 5G: Data and voice applications.
- IoT wireless, automation & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
Our RP-SMA extension cables' range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm antennas and cables, makes them suitable and compliant for all the above applications.
ROHS 3 and REACH: All of our antenna cables are compliant with ROHS 3 and REACH restrictions on content of lead, other heavy metals and toxic materials.
RP-SMA male to female extension cable is easy and quick to install: The RP-SMA male connector fits the jack on most WiFi routers, and the RP-SMA female connector fits the male connector on antennas with an RP-SMA male connector: Most WiFi antennas with an RP-SMA connector have a male connector. The extension cable enables placing the antenna further from the router, in the most suitable place for line of sight.
Ordered these for a customer and they were very pleased with them and ordered more.
Cable is as it was presented. But as a cautionary note, please make sure the connectors are what you need. Unfortunately what I needed was two ends with center pins, and opposite threadings, however I rushed the purchase and must now live with my mistake. Good luck!