Antenna Base Magnetic: Stand w/ cable to RP-SMA or SMA male
- In stock
- 0.18 LBS
Magnetic Antenna Base
These magnetic mounts are especially suitable for dipole-type antennas (see photo), which are the very commonly-used omnidirectional antennas with a plastic radome (housing).
COMPATIBILITY AND GENDER DETERMINATION: The gender is referring to the pins inside the connector "barrel" - not the threads. RP-SMA male and SMA-male have threads on the inside:
- Version with RP-SMA connectors:
- RP-SMA female connector on the BASE fits antennas that have a male RP-SMA (Reverse Polarity [RP] SMA) jack/connector.
- RP-SMA male connector on the cable fits items that have a female RP-SMA (Reverse Polarity [RP] SMA) jack/connector.
- Version with SMA connectors:
- SMA female connector on the BASE fits antennas that have a male RP-SMA (Reverse Polarity [RP] SMA) jack/connector.
- SMA male connector on the cable fits items that have a female RP-SMA (Reverse Polarity [RP] SMA) jack/connector
Compatible wireless applications: The connector & cable's range of frequency band compatibility (from DC 0GHz to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR , and impedance matching to 50 Ohm gear, makes this base suitable and compliant for all the following :
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G, 5G, WiMAX: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine To Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
This base is heavy enough to hold the antenna straight up even if the surface is not metallic, and therefore is a potential solution in several scenarios:
- Metallic panel cover or door for equipment cabinet
- Desk or table: Wood or metal, Formica etc. - does not matter
- Woodwork like shelving, shelves
Antenna Cable Coax is double-shielded, low-loss and very flexible. The cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR-100: Coax with black jacket has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR100, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG174. The higher quality of the cable of this antenna translates into lower loss/better performance. These antenna cables are rated for outdoor use and are also suitable for indoor use. You can use RP-SMA extension cables to extend the cable on this mount.
The temperature range for operational use of this 100-series coax and the cable assembly, is: -22 F ~ +185 F (-30 C ~ +85 C)
RoHS and REACH compliant: Compliant with RoHS 3 and REACH restrictions on heavy metals and other toxins, as are almost all of our antennas and a ll of our antenna cables and adapters.
RP-SMA & SMA Connector Characteristics and Details
- SMA & RP-SMA male and female diameter:
- RP-SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm) (the inside diameter where the threads are).
- RP-SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- RP-SMA Gender Determination: Key Points
- The gender is referring to the pins inside not the threads. RP-SMA male has threads on inside.
- RP-SMA male has a socket inside rather than a pin (as you might expect), because the RP stands for "Reverse Polarity". The socket/pin configuration is female when it appears to be male, and vice versa.
- More details regarding RP-SMA gender determination.
- RP-SMA & SMA Connector Materials Composition:
- Connector Body: Gold Plated Brass
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
- Other RP-SMA Characteristics and Key Points
- RP-SMA-male and SMA-male are also called "plug" and RP-SMA and SMA female connector are also called "jack".
- We offer an SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with RP-SMA or SMA connector(s).
- RP-SMA-male connector fits items that have an RP-SMA-female connector.
- SMA and RP-SMA are round screw-type connectors, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- SMA and RP-SMA connectors are not compatible with the common, commercially available Type F coaxial connector. Type F connectors look similar but are of slightly different size and will not pair with RP-SMA or SMA connectors without an adapter.
Worked as expected
No problems, worked perfect. Thought the cable would be a little longer but it ended up being the perfect length for my use.
smaller than I thought
For metal wall mount cabinets with routers moving antennas outside is a must, no attenuation of signal and great ground plane for direction, side mount, or full omnidirectional on top of cabinet. after first to in service I have ordered three more. using same antenna from router with out loss.