Antenna Base Magnetic: Stand w/ cable to RP-SMA or SMA male
- In stock
- 0.18 LBS
Magnetic Antenna Base
These magnetic mounts are especially suitable for dipole-type antennas (see photo), which are the very commonly-used omnidirectional antennas with a plastic radome (housing).
COMPATIBILITY AND GENDER DETERMINATION: The gender is referring to the pins inside the connector "barrel" - not the threads. RP-SMA male and SMA-male have threads on the inside:
- Version with RP-SMA connectors:
- Version with SMA connectors:
Compatible wireless applications: The connector & cable's range of frequency band compatibility (from DC 0GHz to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR , and impedance matching to 50 Ohm gear, makes this base suitable and compliant for all the following :
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G, 5G, WiMAX: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine To Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
This base is heavy enough to hold the antenna straight up even if the surface is not metallic, and therefore is a potential solution in several scenarios:
- Metallic panel cover or door for equipment cabinet
- Desk or table: Wood or metal, Formica etc. - does not matter
- Woodwork like shelving, shelves
Antenna Cable Coax is double-shielded, low-loss and very flexible. The cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR-100: Coax with black jacket has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR100, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG174. The higher quality of the cable of this antenna translates into lower loss/better performance. These antenna cables are rated for outdoor use and are also suitable for indoor use. You can use RP-SMA extension cables to extend the cable on this mount.
The temperature range for operational use of this 100-series coax and the cable assembly, is: -22 F ~ +185 F (-30 C ~ +85 C)
RP-SMA & SMA Connector Characteristics and Details
- RP-SMA Gender Determination: Key Points
- The gender is referring to the pins inside not the threads. RP-SMA male has threads on inside.
- RP-SMA male has a socket inside rather than a pin (as you might expect), because the RP stands for "Reverse Polarity". The socket/pin configuration is female when it appears to be male, and vice versa.
- More details regarding RP-SMA gender determination.
No problems, worked perfect. Thought the cable would be a little longer but it ended up being the perfect length for my use.
For metal wall mount cabinets with routers moving antennas outside is a must, no attenuation of signal and great ground plane for direction, side mount, or full omnidirectional on top of cabinet. after first to in service I have ordered three more. using same antenna from router with out loss.