Antenna Base Magnetic: Stand w/ cable to RP-SMA or SMA male
- In stock
- 0.18 LBS
These magnetic mounts are especially suitable for dipole-type antennas (see photo), which are the very commonly-used omnidirectional antennas with a plastic radome (housing).
COMPATIBILITY AND GENDER DETERMINATION: The gender is referring to the pins inside the connector "barrel" - not the threads. RP-SMA male and SMA-male have threads on the inside:
- Version with RP-SMA connectors:
- Version with SMA connectors:
Compatible wireless applications: The connector & cable's range of frequency band compatibility (from DC 0GHz to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm gear, makes this base suitable and compliant for all the following:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G, 5G WiMax: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine To Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
This base is heavy enough to hold the antenna straight up even if the surface is not metallic, and therefore is a potential solution in several scenarios:
- Metallic panel cover or door for equipment cabinet
- Desk or table: Wood or metal, Formica etc - does not matter
- Woodwork like shelving, shelves
Antenna Cable Coax is double-shielded, low-loss and very flexible. The cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR-100: Coax with black jacket has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR100, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG174. The higher quality of the cable of this antenna translates into lower loss/better performance. These antenna cables are rated for outdoor use and are also suitable for indoor use. You can use RP-SMA extension cables to extend the cable on this mount.
RP-SMA & SMA Connector Characteristics and Details
- SMA & RP-SMA male and female diameter:
- RP-SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm) (the inside diameter where the threads are).
- RP-SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- RP-SMA Gender Determination: Key Points
- The gender is referring to the pins inside not the threads. RP-SMA male has threads on inside.
- RP-SMA male has a socket inside rather than a pin (as you might expect), because the RP stands for "Reverse Polarity". The socket/pin configuration is female when it appears to be male, and vice versa.
- More details regarding RP-SMA gender determination.
- RP-SMA & SMA Connector Materials Composition:
- Connector Body: Gold Plated Brass
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
- Other RP-SMA Characteristics and Key Points
- RP-SMA-male and SMA-male are also called "plug" and RP-SMA and SMA female connector are also called "jack".
- We offer an SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with RP-SMA or SMA connector(s).
- RP-SMA-male connector fits items that have an RP-SMA-female connector.
- SMA and RP-SMA are round screw-type connectors, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- SMA and RP-SMA connectors are not compatible with the common, commercially available Type F coaxial connector. Type F connectors look similar but are of slightly different size and will not pair with RP-SMA or SMA connectors without an adapter.
No problems, worked perfect. Thought the cable would be a little longer but it ended up being the perfect length for my use.
For metal wall mount cabinets with routers moving antennas outside is a must, no attenuation of signal and great ground plane for direction, side mount, or full omnidirectional on top of cabinet. after first to in service I have ordered three more. using same antenna from router with out loss.