U.FL Cable: Female To Female: 2FT, 42-inch. Low Loss Coax Options
- In stock
- 0.06 LBS
U.FL Cable: Female To Female
See our other lengths of U.FL to U.FL cables, including U.FL extension cables.
Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of U.FL connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
- 1.13mm mini-coaxial cable (Impedance: 50 Ohms): This is a very thin and flexible cable, with a black jacket. When connecting U.FL connector to a jack on a miniPCI card or board, often the tight space requires the use of 1.13mm cable, because it is very thin and flexible (diameter is 1.13mm). This very thin cable is typically needed in tight spaces inside of enclosures, so that the U.FL connector will snap down on the jack without popping off.
- RG174 coax is thicker and has lower signal loss (attenuation) than 1.13mm while also being flexible/easily bendable. RG174 is better quality than 1.13mm and has a black jacket. The higher quality of this cable translates into lower loss/better performance. This cable is rated for outdoor use and is also suitable for indoor use. Note that LMR-100 coax is too thick in diameter to use with U.FL connectors.
- 1.32mm coax is double-shielded while also very thin (1.32mm diameter).
- 1.37mm coax is another low-loss option.
- Special Orders: Please see this note about options for thickness of the coax, and note that we can make special orders with 1.13mm, RG174, 1.32mm and 1.37mm coax, if you want a lower-loss, thicker cable for the shorter versions of this cable. Contact us to make a special order.
Compatible wireless applications and standards:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMAX, 5G: Data and voice applications.
- IoT wireless, automation & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
Our U.FL cables' range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz) consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm gear, makes them compatible and compliant for all the above applications.
U.FL Connectors Characteristics
- U.FL female has a socket. U.FL female right-angle type is the most common U.FL connector type found on U.FL cables: 95% of U.FL cables have a U.FL female right-angle connector.
- U.FL male has a pin and is the connector: Male U.FL is the gender that is the "jack" that is embedded directly on to a circuit board on devices such as Bluetooth boards, and ZigBee radios such as XBee, Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and internal mini-PCI wireless cards (even though the gender is male, it is the jack U.FL connector. Hence the male connectors / jacks are very rigid.
- The small size of U.FL connectors has made them an excellent fit in Machine-To-Machine (M2M) and IOT (Internet of Things) wireless applications, since they take up very little space in the cramped cases of small devices, such as Bluetooth beacons.
- Gender Determination: Micro-connectors such as U.FL have gender that is counter to typical RF terminology for gender, in that "jack" is more typically synonymous with "female:" A U.FL jack on a board (PCB) is the male U.FL, and the connector that mates with the jack is the female.
- Connecting and disconnecting U.FL connectors from the jack can be difficult to do properly without damaging the U.FL connector or jack. We offer a U.FL insertion tool to enable you to connect/insert and remove/disconnect easily, without causing any damage to the cable, connector or jack.
- U.FL connector is also known as Ultra Miniature Coax Connectors (UMCC), and enables attaching an external antenna to a U.FL jack/connector on Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs): U.FL female mates with a female HiRose/U.FL jack, also known as U.FL-LP-66 jack/connector.
U.FL Connectors' Material composition
- Male has a silver-plated phosphor bronze made the shell, and a gold-plated brass made contact.
- Female: The shell and contact of Female U.FL connectors are made of phosphor bronze but are silver, and gold-plated respectively. Female U.FL connectors are the ones used in the termination of antenna cable.
- U.FL connectors are precision machined. The gold-plating enables low signal loss.