SMA-male To N-male Cable: 1FT 2FT 3FT 4FT 10FT 20FT Double-Shielded
- In stock
- 0.20 LBS
SMA-male To N-male Cable
Antenna Cable: N-type male connector to SMA-male Connector
- One end has a straight SMA-male connector and the other end has an N-type male connector.
- Allows interconnection of devices with N female and SMA female interfaces: Antennas, antenna cables and wireless devices.
- For coaxial extension, coaxial interface conversion, coax retrofit applications
- Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of SMA and Type-N connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
We offer two options of thickness of cable (both are double-shielded, with a black jacket):
- The LMR-100-equivalent cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR100: Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR100, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG174 and RG178. The higher quality of the cable translates into lower loss/better performance. Cable is equivalent to LMR-100 in thickness.
- The LMR-200 cable-type has much lower attenuation (signal loss) than LMR-100 and RG58.
- In both cases of coax types, the cables are rated for outdoor use and are also suitable for indoor use.
- Double-shielding of both LMR-100 and LMR-200 enables low signal loss. Both are flexible/easily bendable (LMR-100 is more flexible/bendable). The double-shielding is a major factor in the higher quality of this cable, which translates into lower loss/better performance.
- See comparison of LMR-100 and LMR-200 attenuation (signal loss).
The temperature range for operational use of these cable assemblies are as follows:
- Cables with 100-series coax: -22 F ~ +185 F (-30 C ~ +85 C)
- Cables with 200-series coax: -31 F ~ +203 F (-35 C ~ +95 C)
Compatibility with wireless protocols and applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMAX, 5G: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine to Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
- Compatible with all Helium miners used in Europe, including Bobcat miners, Sensecap miners and all other Helium LongFi miners, as are all of our antenna cables and adapters with SMA-male connectors .
Our N to SMA antenna cable's range of frequency band compatibility (from 0GHz to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm cables, makes them compatible and compliant for all the above applications.
N-male Connector Characteristics and Details
N is the largest of RF connector types, and very common to see on large antennas (most large antennas have an N-female connector).
- Nickel-plated brass body for enhanced corrosion resistance: Nickel plating is the most weather-resistant, corrosion-resistant metal plating.
- N-male inside diameter is 0.620-inch (1.57 cm)
- N-type connectors are usually rated up to 12.5GHz, making them usable in not just WiFi applications, but also in the higher end of the microwave spectrum.
- N-connector gender is counter-intuitive.
- The N-male connector is knurled.
N materials composition
- Connector Body: Nickel-Plated Brass : The most corrosion-resistant of all plated brass alloys (better than gold-plated).
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
SMA Connector Characteristics and Details
- SMA male and female diameter:
- SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm) (the inside diameter where the threads are).
SMA-male has a pin inside the connector body
- SMA Gender Determination: Key Point
- The gender is referring to the pins inside-not the threads. SMA male has threads on inside.
- More details regarding SMA gender determination.
Other SMA Characteristics and Key Points
- SMA-male is also called "plug" and SMA female connector is also called "jack".
- We offer an SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with SMA or RP-SMA connector(s).
- SMA-female connector fits items that have an SMA-male connector.
- SMA is a round screw-type connector, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- SMA connectors are not compatible with the common, commercially available Type F coaxial connector. Type F connectors look similar but are of slightly different size and will not pair with SMA or RP-SMA connectors without an adapter.
RELATED PRODUCTS & PAGES