RP-SMA Extension Cable: 21-inches Male to Female
- In stock
- 0.05 LBS
RP-SMA Extension Cable
RP-SMA female to male Antenna Cable
- One end has a RP SMA male connector, and the other end has a RP SMA female connector with bulkhead nut & washer for mounting and weatherproofing.
- Other lengths of our RP-SMA extension cables from inches to meters.
- The cable length stated in the length options is the length between the connectors.
- The connectors are straight RP-SMA-male and straight RP-SMA female connector with bulkhead.
- Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of RP-SMA connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
Cable is double-shielded, low-loss and very flexible/easily bendable coax with black jacket. The double-shielding is a major factor in the higher quality of this cable, which translates into lower loss/better performance.
We offer two options of thickness of cable (both are double-shielded):
- The LMR-100-equivalent cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR-100: Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR100, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG-174 and RG-178. The higher quality of the cable of this antenna translates into lower loss/better performance. Cable is equivalent to LMR-100 in thickness.
- The LMR-200-equivalent cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR-200: Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR200, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG58.
- See comparison of LMR-100 and LMR-200 attenuation (signal loss).
The temperature range for operational use of these cable assemblies are as follows:
- Cables with 100-series coax: -22 F ~ +185 F (-30 C ~ +85 C)
- Cables with 200-series coax: -31 F ~ +203 F (-35 C ~ +95 C)
RP-SMA female connector includes a bulkhead nut and washer for mounting & waterproofing:
- This can be used to mount the connector (and thus the cable) on the wall of a network enclosure (to weatherproof the cable connection), or mount the connector on a case, panel or Printed Circuit Bard (PCB).
- Weatherproofing: Seal the hole where the female connector is mounted, by placing an O-ring between the wall of the enclosure and the bulkhead nut & washer on the female connector.
- The length of our standard RP-SMA-female connector (threaded part) is 3/8 inches. We have a longer option: 14.5mm, which is available as an option. The longer 14.5mm option has an O-ring embedded in the flange to waterproof the port where the cable enters a network enclosure
|The version of the RP-SMA female connector on the left has an embedded o-ring, together with a wider flange, for more secure protection against intrusion of water and/or dust and dirt. It is available for some cable versions on this page, and others by special order.||The longer RP-SMA-female version (top in photo) has a 14.5mm threaded section. It is available for some cable versions on this page, and others by special order.|
RP-SMA female and male diameter:
- RP-SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- RP-SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm) (the inside diameter where the threads are).
RP-SMA Connector Materials Composition:
- Connector Body : Gold Plated Brass
- Center Contact : Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule : Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators : PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
RP-SMA Connector: Other Characteristics& Details:
- RP-SMA = Reverse Polarity SMA. Also known as SMA-RP, SMA-R, SMA RP, SMA R.
- The gender is referring to the pins inside-not the threads. RP-SMA male has threads on inside.
- RP-SMA female connector is also called "jack" and RP-SMA-male is also called "plug."
- RP-SMA is a round screw-type connector, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- We offer an RP-SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with RP-SMA or SMA connector(s).
- RP-SMA connectors are not compatible with the common, commercially available Type F coaxial connector. Type F connectors look similar but are of slightly different size and will not pair with RP-SMA or SMA connectors without an adapter.
Compatibility with wireless standards & applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax, 5G: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine to Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
- Compatible with allHeliumminers used in North America, including Bobcat miners, Sensecap miners and all other Helium LongFi miners, as are all of ourantenna cables and adapters with RP-SMA-male connectors .
Our RP-SMA extension cables' range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm antennas and cables, makes them suitable and compliant for all the above applications.
ROHS 3 and REACH: All of our antenna cables are compliant with ROHS 3 and REACH restrictions on content of lead, other heavy metals and toxic materials.
RP-SMA male to female extension cable is easy and quick to install: The RP-SMA male connector fits the jack on most WiFi routers, and the RP-SMA female connector fits the male connector on antennas with an RP-SMA male connector: Most WiFi antennas with an RP-SMA connector have a male connector. The extension cable enables placing the antenna further from the router, in the most suitable place for line of sight.
Needed a short cost effective cable to connect between an external 2.4 GHz Bluetooth antenna and a player enclosed in a metal cabinet. It's installed and working great.
After having signal problems with a wireless security camera system had to put the antennas remotely inside of home. Cable were perfect for what I needed. The different choice of length made it easy to install. Had ordered the wrong cable the first time. Was not aware of the the reverse polarity male to female ends. Cables are very well made and received on time as promised.
Very well made. Heavy duty cabling. I need this to connect from my computer Wi-Fi PCI card to a very stiff RG antenna cable. I had broken the PCI card connectors twice by accidentally moving the computer. These are to provide some strain relief.