N-male to RP-TNC-male Cable: 10-inch, 12" 18" Double-Shielded Outdoor / Indoor
- In stock
- 0.16 LBS
N-male to RP-TNC-male Cable
RP-TNC(m) fits Cisco / LinkSys wireless / WiFi routers. For 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11AC, 802.11A, WiMAX, 3G & 4G. 2.4GHz or 5GHz applications. (WiFi Network Standards)
One end has a standard RP-TNC connector and the other end has a standard N-male connector.
The length refers to the length of the cable between the connectors (not including the connectors).
Cable is double-shielded for low signal-loss, and is very flexible/easily bendable. Coaxial cable type is similar to LMR-100 but better quality than LMR100: This coax with a black jacket has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR100, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG174. The double-shielding is a major factor in the higher quality of this cable, translates into lower loss/better performance. Cable is equivalent to LMR-100 in thickness. This cable is rated for outdoor use and is also suitable for indoor use. Impedance is 50 Ohms.
The temperature range for operational use of this 100-series coax and the cable assembly, is: -22 F ~ +185 F (-30 C ~ +85 C)
Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of RP-TNC and Type-N connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
N-male Connector Characteristics and Details: Durable, weatherproof connection
- The N-male-bulkhead connector has an internal rubber O-ring, which provides a water-tight seal.
- Nickel-plated brass body for enhanced corrosion resistance: Nickel plating is the most weather-resistant, corrosion-resistant metal plating.
- Our N connectors provide a consistent performance from 900MHz to 12.5 GHz. Being rated up to 12.5GHz, makes them usable in not just WiFi applications, but also in the higher end of the microwave spectrum.
- N-Female diameter is 0.620-inch (1.57 cm). N-male inside diameter is 0.620-inch (1.57 cm)
- N-connector gender is counter-intuitive: Click here for details. Gender refers to the pin inside and not the threads.
- N-Type connector is the largest of the RF connector types, and are usually found on large antennas, especially for outdoor use.
Our N-Type connectors feature threaded coupling mechanisms and are fully interchangeable with N-Type connectors made to the MIL-C-39012 specification. These connectors are used in all systems where excellent RF and mechanical performance is critical.
N materials composition:
- Connector Body: Nickel-Plated Brass: The most corrosion-resistant of all plated brass alloys (better than gold-plated).
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
Compatibility with wireless applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax, 5G: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine to Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
This range of frequency band compatibility (from 0GHz to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm gear, makes them compatible and compliant for all the above applications.
RP-TNC: Round screw-type connector. RP-TNC is similar to BNC except that whereas BNC has a slotted mating collar, TNC has a screw-down type connector. RP-TNC's screw-down connector performs better than BNC in the microwave spectrum.