MMCX To U.FL Cable: 2 inch, 3", 4", 6", 8", 10", 11", 1FT, 14", 16", 18", 20", 2FT, 26-in
- In stock
- 0.03 LBS
MMCX To U.FL Cable
Antenna Cable / Adapter: U.FL to MMCX right-angle: The length refers to the length of the cable between the connectors (not including the connectors).
Compatible wireless applications: This antenna cable's range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz) consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm gear, makes them compatible and compliant for all the following applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMAX: Data and voice applications.
- IoT, automation & Machine To Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
The small size of U.FL and MMCX connectors makes them an excellent fit in Internet of Things (IoT) applications since they take up very little space in the cramped cases of small devices, such as Bluetooth beacons.
Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of MMCX and U.FL connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
Coaxial Cable Types for U.FL cables:
- Coaxial cable type is RG174: RG174 is better quality than 1.13mm and has a black jacket. The higher quality of this cable translates into lower loss/better performance. This cable is rated for outdoor use and is also suitable for indoor use. Note that LMR-100 coax is too thick in diameter to use with U.FL connectors.
- Option: 1.13mm mini-coaxial cable (50 Ohm impedance): This is a very thin and flexible cable, with a black jacket. When connecting U.FL connector to a jack on a miniPCI card or board, often the tight space requires the use of 1.13mm cable, because it is very thin and flexible. The very thin cable is typically needed in tight spaces inside of enclosures, so that the U.FL connector will snap down on the jack without popping off.
- Special Orders: Please see this note about options for thickness of the coax, and note that we can make special orders with 1.13mm, RG174 or 1.32mm coax, if you want a lower-loss, thicker cable for the shorter versions of this cable. 1.32mm coax is double-shielded while also very thin (1.32mm diameter): Contact us to make a special order.
MMCX Male Right-Angle Connector:
- Features a lock-snap mechanism which makes it possible to rotate 360 degrees
- Designed to terminate with RF coax cable types including 1.13 coax, RG174, RG-316, RG188, or equivalent coaxial cables
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Many GPS modules have MMCX jacks. Also miniPCI wireless cards.
MMCX Connectors' Materials Composition
- Connector Body: Gold-Plated Brass
- Center Contact: Phosphor Bronze, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE, Teflon
U.FL Connectors Characteristics
- U.FL female has a socket. U.FL female right-angle type is the most common U.FL connector type found on U.FL cables: 95% of U.FL cables have a U.FL female right-angle connector.
- U.FL male has a pin and is the connector: Male U.FL is the gender that is the "jack" that is embedded directly on to a circuit board on devices such as Bluetooth boards, and ZigBee radios such as XBee, Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and internal mini-PCI wireless cards (even though the gender is male, it is the jack U.FL connector. Hence the male connectors / jacks are very rigid.
- The small size of U.FL connectors has made them an excellent fit in Machine-To-Machine (M2M) and IOT (Internet of Things) wireless applications, since they take up very little space in the cramped cases of small devices, such as Bluetooth beacons.
- Gender Determination: Micro-connectors such as U.FL have gender that is counter to typical RF terminology for gender, in that "jack" is more typically synonymous with "female:" A U.FL jack on a board (PCB) is the male U.FL, and the connector that mates with the jack is the female.
- Connecting and disconnecting U.FL connectors from the jack can be difficult to do properly without damaging the U.FL connector or jack. We offer a U.FL insertion tool to enable you to connect/insert and remove/disconnect easily, without causing any damage to the cable, connector or jack.
- U.FL connector is also known as Ultra Miniature Coax Connectors (UMCC), and enables attaching an external antenna to a U.FL jack/connector on Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs): U.FL female mates with a female HiRose/U.FL jack, also known as U.FL-LP-66 jack/connector.
U.FL Connectors' Material composition
- Male has a silver-plated phosphor bronze made the shell, and a gold-plated brass made contact.
- Female: The shell and contact of Female U.FL connectors are made of phosphor bronze but are silver, and gold-plated respectively. Female U.FL connectors are the ones used in the termination of antenna cable.
- U.FL connectors are precision machined. The gold-plating enables low signal loss.
RoHS 3 and REACH compliant: All of our antenna cables and RF adapters are free of of heavy metals and compliant with RoHS 3 and REACH.
See list of all of our articles about U.FL cables and connectors.