RP-SMA Extension Cable: Outdoor-Rated RG174U: 3-FT & 6.5-FT options. Male to Female
- In stock
- 0.10 LBS
RPSMA male to female Antenna Cable
- One end has a RP SMA male connector, and the other end has a RP SMA female connector with bulkhead nut & washer for mounting and weatherproofing.
- Cable is low-loss and very flexible. The cable-type is outdoor-rated RG174U.
- Other lengths of our RP-SMA extension cables from inches to meters.
- Directory of other RP-SMA cable types
- The cable length stated in the length options is the length between the connectors.
- The connectors are straight RP-SMA-male and straight RP-SMA female connector with bulkhead
- Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of RP-SMA connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
- This can be used to mount the connector (and thus the cable) on the wall of a network enclosure (to weatherproof the cable connection), or mount the connector on a case, panel or Printed Circuit Bard (PCB).
- Weatherproofing: Seal the hole where the female connector is mounted, by placing an O-ring between the wall of the enclosure and the bulkhead nut & washer on the female connector.
- The length of our standard RP-SMA-female connector (threaded part) is 3/8 inches. We have a longer option: 14.5mm, which is available as an option. The longer 14.5mm option has an O-ring embedded in the flange to waterproof the port where the cable enters a network enclosure
- RP-SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- RP-SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm) (the inside diameter where the threads are).
- Connector Body: Gold Plated Brass
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
- RP-SMA = Reverse Polarity SMA. Also known as SMA-RP, SMA-R, SMA RP, SMA R.
- RP-SMA gender is counter-intuitive: The gender is referring to the pins inside-not the threads. RP-SMA male has threads on inside. More details regarding RP-SMA gender determination.
- RP-SMA female connector is also called "jack" and RP-SMA-male is also called "plug."
- RP-SMA is a round screw-type connector, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- We offer an RP-SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with RP-SMA or SMA connector(s).
- RP-SMA connectors are not compatible with the common, commercially available Type F coaxial connector. Type F connectors look similar but are of slightly different size and will not pair with RP-SMA or SMA connectors without an adapter.
Compatibility with wireless standards & applications: Our RP-SMA extension cables' range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm antennas and cables, makes them suitable and compliant for all the following applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax, 5G: Data and voice applications.
- IoT wireless, automation & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
- Compatible with all Helium miners used in North America, including Bobcat miners, Sensecap miners and all other Helium LongFi miners, as are all of our antenna cables and adapters with RP-SMA-male connectors.
ROHS 3 and REACH: All of our antenna cables are compliant with ROHS 3 and REACH restrictions on content of lead, other heavy metals and toxic materials.
RP-SMA male to female extension cable is easy and quick to install: The RP-SMA male connector fits the jack on most WiFi routers, and the RP-SMA female connector fits the male connector on antennas with an RP-SMA male connector: Most WiFi antennas with an RP-SMA connector have a male connector. The extension cable enables placing the antenna further from the router, in the most suitable place for line of sight.