Adapter SMA Female To SMA Female: Waterproof O-Ring Bulkhead Coupling
- In stock
- 0.02 LBS
Adapter SMA Female To SMA Female
- SMA female on both sides: One side has a large-sized bulkhead nut (outer diameter of the nut is 12.70mm) - much larger than the standard bulkhead for SMA.
- A red O-ring is included, to make a waterproof seal in the port of a enclosure or panel
- Gold-plated and Nickel-Plated Options: Nickel-Plated Brass is the most corrosion-resistant of all plated brass alloys (better than gold-plated).
- A second nickel plated version has a delrin (white plastic) cap for the flange, so that it will not make contact with a metal surface: Part# SfSfOP
- The thicker middle section (where the bulkhead nut resides) has a flat element to prevent turning while inserted in the panel (known as "d hole")
- 50 Ohm impedance
- IP68 waterproof rating
- Enables connection / coupling of two SMA male connectors
- ORING is UL Listed.
Compatibility with wireless applications: This SMA adapter's range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm cables, makes them compatible and compliant for all the following applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
SMA female connector includes a bulkhead nut and washer for mounting and/or weatherproofing the connector / port:
- This can be used to mount the connector (and thus the cable) on the wall of a network enclosure (to weatherproof the cable connection), or mount the connector on a case, panel or Printed Circuit Bard (PCB).
- Weatherproofing : Seal the hole where the female connector is mounted, by placing an O-ring between the wall of the enclosure and the bulkhead nut & washer on the female connector.
- All of our cables with SMA and RP-SMA female connectors have bulkhead mount hardware.
- The length of our standard SMA-female connector (threaded part) is 3/8 inches. We have a longer option: 14.5mm, which is available as an option. The longer 14.5mm option has an O-ring embedded in the flange to waterproof the port where the cable enters a network enclosure.
SMA male and female diameter :
- SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm) (the inside diameter where the threads are).
Other SMA Characteristics and Key Points
- SMA female connector is also called "jack" and SMA-male is also called "plug."
- We offer an SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with SMA or RP-SMA connector(s).
- SMA-female connector fits items that have an SMA-male connector.
- SMA is a round screw-type connector, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- SMA connectors are not compatible with the common, commercially available Type F coaxial connector. Type F connectors look similar but are of slightly different size and will not pair with RP-SMA connectors without an adapter.
Composition of SMA Connectors:
- 96% brass-copper alloy
- Less than 4% lead content ( ROHS Compliant )
- 0.1% Chromium VI compound
- 0.01% (by weight) Cadmium / cadmium compounds
- 0.1% Mercury
- 0.1% PBBs
- 0.1% PBDE
Insertion loss: 0.26 dB maximum
RELATED PRODUCTS & PAGES:
- Antenna Cables & Adapters
- SMA Cables & Adapters
- SMA Extension Cables
- Antennas with SMA Connector
- Weatherproofing, Sealants & Enclosures
- Antenna Cables: Definitions of Components and Terms
- Connector Material Comparison
All of our antenna cables and adapters pass QC tests before we ship them.
The product description says it all. There was no mistaking what it is and which gender of produt to order. I received exactly what was ordered and it fit the requirement to a 'tee'. Delivery was extremely prompt. I have placed data-alliance on my list of preferred vendors.
The bulkheads are not your standard low quality units. They are really well made, and we were very happy with them. Provides for a really strong antenna port in your projects.