U.FL to RP-SMA-female Cable: 1-inch 2" 3" 4" 5" 6" 7" 8" 9" 10-inch Adapter
- 0.03 LBS
RP SMA female to U.FL Antenna Cable / Adapter: Length options:
- 1-inch up to 10-inch options on this page
- See also: 12 inch & 14-inch versions | 16-inch, 18-inch, 20-inch & longer cable length options
- One end has a U.FL connector, and the other end has a RP-SMA female connector.
- For weatherproofing: Purchase o-rings to seal the hole where the female connector is mounted: Placing an O-ring between the wall of the enclosure and the bulkhead nut & washer on the female connector.
- 1.13mm mini-coaxial cable (50 Ohm impedance): This is a very thin and flexible cable, with a black jacket. When connecting U.FL connector to a jack on a miniPCI card or board, often the tight space inside of cases or enclosures requires the use of 1.13mm cable, because it is very thin and flexible, so that the U.FL connector will snap down on the jack without popping off.
- RG174: RG174 is better quality than 1.13mm: It is the best shielded of the four coax options for U.FL. RG174 has a black jacket. The higher quality of this cable translates into lower loss/better performance. This cable is rated for outdoor use and is also suitable for indoor use. Note that LMR-100 coax is too thick in diameter to use with U.FL connectors. RG174 has a black jacket.
- RG178 has a pinkish colored jacket covering a wire braided shielding.
- Special Orders: We can make special orders with 1.13mm, RG174 or 1.32mm coax, if you want a lower-loss, thicker cable for the shorter versions of this cable. 1.32mm coax is double-shielded while also very thin (1.32mm diameter): Contact us to make a special order.
- This can be used to mount the connector (and thus the cable) on the wall of a network enclosure (to weatherproof the cable connection), or mount the connector on a case, panel or Printed Circuit Bard (PCB).
- Weatherproofing: Seal the hole where the female connector is mounted, by placing an O-ring between the wall of the enclosure and the bulkhead nut & washer on the female connector.
- The length of our standard RP-SMA-female connector (threaded part) is 3/8 inches. We have a longer option: 14.5mm, which is available as an option. The longer 14.5mm option has an O-ring embedded in the flange to waterproof the port where the cable enters a network enclosure
RP-SMA female diameter:
- RP-SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- RP-SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm) (the inside diameter where the threads are).
- Connector Body: Gold Plated Brass
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
RP-SMA-female Connector: Other Characteristics
- RP-SMA-female connector fits items that have an RP-SMA (female) jack/connector.
- RP-SMA gender is counter-intuitive: The gender is referring to the pins inside-not the threads. RP-SMA male has threads on inside.
- RP-SMA female connector is also called "jack" and RP-SMA-male is also called "plug."
- RP-SMA is a round screw-type connector, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- We offer an RP-SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with RP-SMA or SMA connector(s).
- RP-SMA = Reverse Polarity SMA. Also known as SMA-RP, SMA-R, SMA RP, SMA R
- U.FL female has a socket. U.FL female right-angle type is the most common U.FL connector type found on U.FL cables: 95% of U.FL cables have a U.FL female right-angle connector.
- U.FL male has a pin and is the connector: Male U.FL is the gender that is the "jack" that is embedded directly on to a circuit board on devices such as Bluetooth boards, and ZigBee radios such as XBee, Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and internal mini-PCI wireless cards (even though the gender is male, it is the jack U.FL connector. Hence the male connectors / jacks are very rigid.
- The small size of U.FL connectors has made them an excellent fit in Machine-To-Machine (M2M) and IOT (Internet of Things) wireless applications, since they take up very little space in the cramped cases of small devices, such as Bluetooth beacons.
- Gender Determination: Micro-connectors such as U.FL have gender that is counter to typical RF terminology for gender, in that "jack" is more typically synonymous with "female:" A U.FL jack on a board (PCB) is the male U.FL, and the connector that mates with the jack is the female.
- Connecting and disconnecting U.FL connectors from the jack can be difficult to do properly without damaging the U.FL connector or jack. We offer a U.FL insertion tool to enable you to connect/insert and remove/disconnect easily, without causing any damage to the cable, connector or jack.
- U.FL connector is also known as Ultra Miniature Coax Connectors (UMCC), and enables attaching an external antenna to a U.FL jack/connector on Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs): U.FL female mates with a female HiRose/U.FL jack, also known as U.FL-LP-66 jack/connector.
U.FL Connectors' Material composition
- Male has a silver-plated phosphor bronze made the shell, and a gold-plated brass made contact.
- Female: The shell and contact of Female U.FL connectors are made of phosphor bronze but are silver, and gold-plated respectively. Female U.FL connectors are the ones used in the termination of antenna cable.
- U.FL connectors are precision machined. The gold-plating enables low signal loss.
Compatibility with wireless standards & applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax, 5G: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine to Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
- Suitable for machine to machine and communication applications such as telemetry, remote monitoring and mesh networking applications.
Our UFL to RP-SMA "pigtail" cables' range of frequency band compatibility (from DC 0GHz to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm antennas and cables, makes them suitable and compliant for all the above applications.
RoHS 3 and REACH compliant: All of our antenna cables and RF adapters are in compliance for content of heavy metals and other toxic materials that are restricted by RoHS 3 and REACH.
The mini-PCI card in one of the photos is for compatibility-evaluation only and is not included.