N-male to RP-TNC-female Adapter for Antenna Cable
- In stock
- 0.12 LBS
- Allows interconnection of devices with N female and RP-TNC male interfaces: Antennas, antenna cables and wireless devices.
- For coaxial extension, coaxial interface conversion, coax retrofit applications
- Nickel-plated brass body for enhanced corrosion resistance: Nickel plating is the most weather-resistant, corrosion-resistant metal plating.
- Gold plated center contact for reduced signal loss.
- Suitable for outdoor or indoor applications.
- Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of RP-TNC and Type-N connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
Compatibility with wireless applications: This antenna cable adapter's range of frequency band compatibility (from 0GHz to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm cables, makes them compatible and compliant for all the following applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax, 5G: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine to Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
RP-TNC is a round screw-type connector, with nickel-plated brass. RP-TNC is similar to BNC except that whereas BNC has a slotted mating collar, TNC has a screw-down type connector. RP-TNC's screw-down connector performs better than BNC in the microwave spectrum. RP-TNC is Reverse Polarity TNC.
N-male Connector Characteristics and Details
- N is nickel-plated brass, which is the best metals composition for rust-proof / corrosion proof / weatherproofing for long-term outdoor exposure.
- N-male inside diameter is 0.620-inch (1.57 cm)
- N-type connectors are usually rated up to 12.5GHz, making them usable in not just WiFi applications, but also in the higher end of the microwave spectrum.
- The N-male connector is knurled.
Adapter materials composition:
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated for low signal loss
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
GENDER DETERMINATION: GENDER of RP-TNC and N IS COUNTER-INTUITIVE in two ways:
Please observe picture & note it is correct.
1. The gender is referring to the coaxial-cable pins on the inside-not to the threads.
- RP-TNC female has threads on outside.
- N male has threads on inside.
2. "RP" stands for reverse polarization - The pins are female when they appear to be male, and vice versa.
RELATED PRODUCT CATEGORIES