Enclosure EP-R6 EdgePoint WISP router, 6-port. w/ Outdoor Ubiquiti
- In stock
- 4.00 LBS
- Intelligent WISP Control Point with FiberProtect™
- Weatherproof Enclosure for Outdoor Use
- Powerful Routing or Switching Features
- Fiber Backhaul Capability
Overview Ubiquiti Networks introduces the EdgePoint™, part of the EdgeMAX® platform. The first application-specific designed WISP control point, the EdgePoint combines EdgeMAX routing features with fiber backhaul and versatile powering capabilities.
EdgePoint features FiberProtect to significantly reduce electrostatic discharge (ESD) failures and electromagnetic interference (EMI), greatly improve data signal integrity, and consolidate the wired data backhaul to a single fiber cable run for long-distance connectivity.
All-in-One Design A single, compact controller efficiently eliminates clutter, expensive cabinets, extraneous installations, and excessive maintenance.
Robust Construction The ruggedized case withstands outdoor conditions, including wind, rain, and snow. The included cable sleeve protects the cables and cable opening. If you prefer, you can swap it out for your own conduit.
Advanced Applications powerful routing features – such as load balancing and failover– provide redundancy and increased performance for outdoor wireless links.
Versatile Power Options Powered by 54VDC or by PoE: The EP-R6 can support 24V passive PoE to power most Ubiquiti products.
Intuitive User Interface The EdgePoint features a graphical user interface designed for convenient setup and control. Accessed via a network port and web browser, the user-friendly interface provides intuitive management with a virtual view of the ports, displaying physical connectivity, speed, and status. Depending on whether you are configuring a router (EP-R6 or EP-R8) or switch (EP-S16), the configuration interface will differ. Routing Configuration The EP-R6 or EP-R8 offers robust features, including: • VLAN interfaces for network segmentation • Static routes and support of routing protocols: OSPF, RIP, and BGP • Firewall policies and NAT rules • Application identification with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) • DHCP services • Quality of Service (QoS) • Network administration and monitoring tools • Administrator and operator accounts • Comprehensive IPv6 support Switching Configuration The EP-S16 provides advanced features, including:
• VLAN, Private VLAN, Voice VLAN
• Link Aggregation
• DHCP Snooping, IGMP Snooping • TACACS+, RADIUS, 802.1X, MAC Filtering, ACL • DiffServ, CoS • Static Routing, Policy-Based Routing Configuration by CLI The CLI provides quick and flexible configuration by command line and features the following: • For power users, configuration and monitoring of all advanced features • Direct access to standard Linux tools and shell commands (EP-R6 or EP-R8 only)
• CLI access through the following: • Serial console port (EP-R8 or EP‑S16 only) • SSH • Telnet • Graphical user interface (EP-R6 or EP-R8 only)