SMA female To RP-SMA male Cable: 8-inch, 15-inch. Double-shielded for low loss
- In stock
- 0.05 LBS
SMA female To RP-SMA male Cable
Antenna Cable / Adapter Cable: SMA female To RP-SMA male (for antenna): One end has an SMA female connector and the other end has an RP-SMA male connector. Double-shielded cable.
- The length refers to the length of the cable between the connectors (not including the connectors).
- One end has an RP-SMA-male connector, and the other end has an SMA-female connector with bulkhead mount (nut and washer).
- If the part number ends with 5, the flange (on the female end) is 5/16" in diameter (and has no embedded o-ring). If the part number ends with 7, the flange is 7/16" in diameter and comes with an embedded black o-ring: See photo of the flange options.
- See details regarding the SMA female connector below on this page: Weatherproofing, mounting, and length options.
- Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of SMA and RP-SMA connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
Antenna Cable Coax is double-shielded, low-loss and very flexible.
- The cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR-100: Coax with black jacket has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR100, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG174.
- This cable is rated for outdoor use and is also suitable for indoor use .
- The higher quality of the cable of this antenna translates into lower loss/better performance.
- Cable is equivalent to LMR-100 in thickness.
- Recommended tightest bend radius is 1 inch (28mm).
The temperature range for operational use of this 100-series coax and the cable assembly, is: -22 F ~ +185 F (-30 C ~ +85 C)
SMA & RP-SMA Connector Characteristics and Details
- SMA female connector includes a bulkhead nut and washer:
- This can be used to mount the connector (and thus the cable) on the wall of a network enclosure (to weatherproof the cable connection), or mount the connector on a case, panel or Printed Circuit Bard (PCB).
- Weatherproofing: Seal the hole where the female connector is mounted, by placing an O-ring between the wall of the enclosure and the bulkhead nut & washer on the female connector.
- All of our cables with SMA and RP-SMA female connectors have bulkhead mount hardware.
- The length of our standard SMA-female connector (threaded part) is 3/8 inches. We have a longer option: 14.5mm, which is available as an option. The longer 14.5mm option has an O-ring embedded in the flange to waterproof the port where the cable enters a network enclosure.
- SMA & RP-SMA male and female diameter:
- SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm) (the inside diameter where the threads are).
- SMA & RP-SMA Gender Determination: Key Points
- SMA gender is counter-intuitive: Please observe picture & note it is correct.
- The gender is referring to the pins inside--not the threads. SMA male has threads on inside.
- RP-SMA (reverse polarity) means that the pin and socket configuration is the opposite of what you would expect: RP-SMA female has a pin inside, and RP-SMA male has a socket inside.
- More details regarding SMA & RP-SMA gender determination.
- Other SMA & RP-SMA Characteristics and Key Points
- SMA female connector is also called "jack" and SMA-male is also called "plug." The same holds for RP-SMA female and male.
- We offer an SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with SMA or RP-SMA connector(s).
- SMA-female connector fits items that have an SMA-male connector.
- SMA and RP-SMA are round screw-type connectors, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
SMA-male has a pin inside the connector body
RP-SMA and SMA Connector Composition: Our SMA and RP-SMA connectors are precision machined and gold-plated for low loss.
- Connector Body: Gold Plated Brass
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
RoHS 3 and REACH compliant: All of our antenna cables and RF adapters are compliant with RoHS 3 and REACH restrictions on content of lead and other heavy metals and toxins.
Compatibility with wireless standards & applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMAX, 5G: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine to Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
- Suitable for machine to machine and communication applications such as telemetry, remote monitoring and mesh networking applications.
- Compatible with all Helium miners used in North America, including Bobcat miners, Sensecap miners and all other Helium LongFi miners, as are all of our antenna cables and adapters with RP-SMA-male connectors
Our SMA to RP-SMA cables ' range of frequency band compatibility (from 0GHz to 18GHz ), consistently low broadband VSWR , and impedance matching to 50 Ohm cables , makes them compatible , suitable and compliant for all the above applications.