SMA female To RP-SMA male Cable: 8-inch, 15-inch. Double-shielded for low loss
- 0.05 LBS
- The length refers to the length of the cable between the connectors (not including the connectors).
- One end has an RP-SMA-male connector, and the other end has an SMA-female connector with bulkhead mount (nut and washer).
- If the part number ends with 5, the flange (on the female end) is 5/16" in diameter (and has no embedded o-ring). If the part number ends with 7, the flange is 7/16" in diameter and comes with an embedded black o-ring: See photo of the flange options.
- See details regarding the SMA female connector below on this page: Weatherproofing, mounting, and length options.
Antenna Cable Coax is double-shielded, low-loss and very flexible.
- The cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR-100: Coax with black jacket has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR100, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG174.
- This cable is rated for outdoor use and is also suitable for indoor use.
- The higher quality of the cable of this antenna translates into lower loss/better performance.
- Cable is equivalent to LMR-100 in thickness.
- Recommended tightest bend radius is 1 inch (28mm).
SMA & RP-SMA Connector Characteristics and Details
SMA female connector includes a bulkhead nut and washer:
- This can be used to mount the connector (and thus the cable) on the wall of a network enclosure (to weatherproof the cable connection), or mount the connector on a case, panel or Printed Circuit Bard (PCB).
- Weatherproofing: Seal the hole where the female connector is mounted, by placing an O-ring between the wall of the enclosure and the bulkhead nut & washer on the female connector.
- All of our cables with SMA and RP-SMA female connectors have bulkhead mount hardware.
- The length of our standard SMA-female connector (threaded part) is 3/8 inches. We have a longer option: 14.5mm, which is available as an option. The longer 14.5mm option has an O-ring embedded in the flange to waterproof the port where the cable enters a network enclosure.
- SMA & RP-SMA male and female diameter:
- SMA female outside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm): Accommodates a hex nut (bulkhead nut) with 5/16" nominal outer diameter
- SMA male inside diameter is 5/16" (7.9375mm) (the inside diameter where the threads are).
- SMA & RP-SMA Gender Determination: Key Points
- SMA gender is counter-intuitive: Please observe picture & note it is correct.
- The gender is referring to the pins inside--not the threads. SMA male has threads on inside.
- RP-SMA (reverse polarity) means that the pin and socket configuration is the opposite of what you would expect: RP-SMA female has a pin inside, and RP-SMA male has a socket inside.
- More details regarding SMA & RP-SMA gender determination.
- Other SMA & RP-SMA Characteristics and Key Points
- SMA female connector is also called "jack" and SMA-male is also called "plug." The same holds for RP-SMA female and male.
- We offer an SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with SMA or RP-SMA connector(s).
- SMA-female connector fits items that have an SMA-male connector.
- SMA and RP-SMA are round screw-type connectors, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
RP-SMA and SMA Connector Composition: Our SMA and RP-SMA connectors are precision machined and gold-plated for low loss.
- Connector Body: Gold Plated Brass
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax, 5G: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless, automation & Machine to Machine (M2M): Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
- Suitable for machine to machine and communication applications such as telemetry, remote monitoring and mesh networking applications.