RP-SMA Quick Connect Male to Female Adapter QMA Slide-On for Testing
- In stock
- 0.03 LBS
RP-SMA Quick Connect Male to Female Adapter
RP-SMA Male to Female Quick Disconnect Push-On Coaxial Adapter Connector, for testing. Also known as QMA slide-on.
Threaded RP-SMA female on one side & quick connect RP-SMA male on the other.
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- VSWR 1.25:1
- DC to 18 GHz
- Gold Plated Stainless Steel
Gender of RF connectors is counter-intuitive: Read more about this
RP-SMA is a round screw-type connector, that is rated for frequencies from the lowest up to 18GHz: This antenna cable is compliant for all types of wireless antennas, including WiFi & WiMax networks: 802.11N, AC, G, A, B. 900MHz, 2.4GHz & 5GHz applications, as well as any other frequency between 0 and 18GHz.
RP-SMA male has a socket (not a pin).
The RP-SMA Quick Connect Adapter offers the characteristics, functioning and benefits of a RP-SMA connector with exceptionally easy coupling and de-coupling. This makes it a superb tool for applications such as testing a large batch of antennas, in which repeated mating and disconnnection cycles are needed. The RP-SMA slide on adapter is also able to convert SMA test cables into quick connect RP-SMA cables for ready mating and disconnection in test environments.
Key Features & Benefits:
This coaxial adapter has a straight jack to straight plug configuration’. The coupling mechanism of the RP-SMA quick connect adapter is similar to the standard SMA connector, with male pin, female sheath and secure union. The connection is not threaded but a 'push-turn’ coupling which does not require tooling.
The RP-SMA quick connect adapter offers a number of benefits which are of particular advantage for testing applications.
- Save time: the RP-SMA slide on adapter is designed for fast and readily repeatable mating which require less space, dexterity and tooling than with a standard RP-SMA connector which needs to be screwed down. This makes the RP-SMA quick connect the ideal choice for test environments where efficiencies are needed.
- Save money: As the RP-SMA push on adapter design accommodates repeat use, it offers great reliability over many mating's while still offering the reliability of the standard SMA connector.
- A reliable connection: though simple, the RP-SMA "push on adapter" is secured by a chamber and positive locking system. The connection is secure and resilient against vibrations, but affords ready dismounting without damaging PCBs or panels.
The RP-SMA quick connect is also interchangeable with QMA slide on adapters and use the same crimping and PCB cut out. The push on adapter also works with all types of RP-SMA male connectors and RP-SMA adapters with male connectors.
Uses of the RP-SMA Quick Connect Adapter:
The SMA slide-on adapter's utility in antenna testing is notable as the ease of mating and dismounting means that it can be readily used in testing to characterize the performance or assess the functioning of radio frequency antennas. This adapter offers great utility in a broad range of radio frequency applications where a 50ohm impedance connection for coax cables is needed.
This adapter's range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz) and 50 Ohms impedance matching, makes it suitable and compliant for all the following applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
- Compatible with all Helium miners used in North America, including Bobcat miners, Sensecap miners and all other Helium LongFi miners, as are all of our antenna cables and adapters with RP-SMA-male connectors
Insertion loss: 0.26 dB maximum