Antenna 2.4GHz 2dBi omni directional w/ SMA-male: Send/recv Signal high
- In stock
- 0.04 LBS
Omni Directional Antenna w/ SMA-male
2dBi omni directional radiates WiFi / wireless signal to high & low elevations in local area. Omni antenna: Radiates signal with a beam of 360 degrees; also receives signal from 360 degrees around it.
This type of omni-directional antenna is called a dipole antenna, and also called "rubber duck" antenna. Compatible with Wireless Access Points & other wireless devices that have SMA antenna jacks
- Mounts directly onto SMA (female) connector of access point, wireless bridge, or client.
- Bottom section of antenna has hinged joint that bends up to 90-degrees. Can be used either straight or with joint-bend.
- A low gain (2dBi) omni-directional antenna like this provides a strong signal in every direction.
- Intended for short range meshed networks and reaches everyone within its range.
- If you are in a building and need to cover the rooms around you then you are better off with a 2dbi dipole antenna, as they make sure you cover everyone equally in all directions.
Omni directional dipole antenna: Radiates signal with a beam of 360 degrees; also receives signal from 360 degrees around it.
Compatibility with wireless standards & applications : This omni directional antenna's range of frequency band compatibility in the 2.4 ~ 2.5GHz frequency band range, its very low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm gear , makes it suitable and compliant for all the following applications:
- IoT wireless & M2M : Bluetooth , ZigBee , and ISM . Since it is vertically polarized , it is compatible with many machine to machine communication applications, remote monitoring, and telemetry applications.
- 2.4GHz WiFi applications: 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B
- Compatible with Bluetooth devices, Wireless Access Points & other wireless devices.
- As Bluetooth antenna: Send or receive signal to devices in all directions (360-degree horizontal beamwidth)
- As client antenna: Connect to access points in any direction. Portable size: Easily fits in a laptop case.
Features & applications
- As access point antenna: Provides signal to clients in any direction (360-degree horizontal beamwidth)
- As client antenna: Connect to an access point in any direction.
ROHS 3 & REACH compliant: Antenna, cable and connector are all compliant with ROHS 3 and REACH.
RP-SMA and SMA Connector Characteristics and Details:
- RP-SMA = Reverse Polarity SMA . Also known as SMA-RP, SMA-R, SMA RP, SMA R.
- RP-SMA and SMA gender is counter-intuitive: The gender is referring to the pins inside-not the threads. RP-SMA male have threads on the inside. More details regarding RP-SMA gender determination .
- RP-SMA-male and SMA are also called "plugs" and the respective female connectors are also called "jacks".
- RP-SMA and SMA are round screw-type connectors, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- SMA-male connector fits items that have an SMA (female) jack/connector .
- We offer an SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with SMA or RP-SMA connector(s).
- Composition of SMA male and RP-SMA male connectors :
- 96% brass-copper alloy
- Less than 4% lead content ( ROHS Compliant)
- 0.1% Chromium VI compound
- 0.01% (by weight) Cadmium / cadmium compounds
- 0.1% Mercury
- 0.1% PBBs
- 0.1% PBDE
- Mounts directly onto SMA(female) connector of mount, access point, bridge, USB WiFi adapter, or booster. See other magnetic bases that fit this antenna and have antenna cables with other types of connectors.
- Antennas: How to choose
- Directional Antennas
- Omni-Directional Antennas
- Suction Cup Mounts
- WiFi Frequencies: 2.4GHz, 5GHz, 900MHz, WiMax
All of our antennas pass QC test before we ship them.