Antenna 2.4GHz 5dBi omni-directional w/ SMA-male. "Rubber Duck"
- In stock
- 0.05 LBS
5 dBi Omni Directional Antenna with SMA (male) connector Sends WiFi / wireless signal high and low enough to reach 2 levels of a building Compatible with Wireless Access Points & cards that have SMA antenna jacks. Omni dipole antenna: Radiates signal with a beam of 360 degrees; also receives signal from 360 degrees around it.
- As client antenna: Connect to access points in any direction. Portable size: Easily fits in laptop case.
- As access point antenna: Provides signal to clients in all directions (360-degree horizontal beamwidth).
- Compliant with 802.11b & 802.11g (North America, Europe, Australia). 2.4GHz frequency band.
- Mounts directly onto RP-SMA (female) connector of access point, bridge, client, or booster.
- Bottom section of antenna has hinged joint that bends up to 90-degrees. Can be used either straight or with joint-bend.
- This type of omni-directional antenna is called a dipole antenna or "rubber duck" antenna.
- Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of SMA connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
RP-SMA and SMA Connector Characteristics and Details:
- RP-SMA = Reverse Polarity SMA. Also known as SMA-RP, SMA-R, SMA RP, SMA R.
- RP-SMA and SMA gender is counter-intuitive: The gender is referring to the pins inside-not the threads. RP-SMA male have threads on the inside. More details regarding RP-SMA gender determination.
- RP-SMA-male and SMA is also called "plug" and the respective female connectors are also called a "jack."
- RP-SMA and SMA are round screw-type connectors, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- SMA-male connector fits items that have an SMA (female) jack/connector.
- We offer an SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with SMA or RP-SMA connector(s).
- Composition of SMA male connectors:
- 96% brass-copper alloy
- Less than 4% lead content (ROHS Compliant)
- 0.1% Chromium VI compound
- 0.01% (by weight) Cadmium / cadmium compounds
- 0.1% Mercury
- 0.1% PBBs
- 0.1% PBDE
- Mounts directly onto SMA(female) connector of access point, bridge, USB WiFi adapter, or booster. See other magnetic bases that fit this antenna and have antenna cables with other types of connectors.
RELATED PRODUCTS & PAGES:
- Antenna Mounts & Brackets
- Antennas: How to choose
- Directional Antennas
- Omni-Directional Antennas
- Wireless Frequencies: 2.4GHz, 5GHz, 900MHz, WiMax
- RP-SMA Cables, Antennas and Connectors
- SMA Cables & Adapters
All of our antennas pass QC test before we ship them.