Antenna 2.4GHz 2dBi Omni Directional w/ RP-SMA-male or SMA-male: Outdoor / Waterproof
- 0.04 LBS
- Bottom section of antenna: We have two options: Fixed-straight and 90-degree right-angled bottom section.
- 2dBi omni directional radiates WiFi / wireless signal to high & low elevations in local area
- The 2.15 dBi version (SKU A2D2RAv3) is the best value: A very high-performance antenna with VSWR of less than 1.5 (lower is better - Read about VSWR). This version is 110mm long.
- All versions on this page are 1/2 wave dipole antennas
- Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of RP-SMA and SMA connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
Compatible with Wireless Access Points & other wireless devices that have RP-SMA antenna jacks Omni antenna: Radiates signal with a beam of 360 degrees; also receives signal from 360 degrees around it. This type of omni-directional antenna is called a dipole antenna, sometimes called "rubber duck" antenna.
Compatibility with wireless standards & applications: This omni directional antenna's range of frequency band compatibility in the 2.4 ~ 2.5GHz frequency band range, its its low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm gear, makes it suitable and compliant for all the following applications:
- IoT wireless & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, and ISM. Since it is vertically polarized, it is compatible with many machine to machine communication applications, remote monitoring, and telemetry applications.
- 2.4GHz WiFi applications: 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B
- As client antenna: Connect to access points in any direction. Portable size: Easily fits in laptop case
- As access point antenna: Provides signal to clients in all directions (360-degree horizontal beamwidth)
- Mounts directly onto RP-SMA (female) connector of access point, wireless bridge, or client.
See image of radiation pattern of the 2dB omnidirectional antenna among images above.
- A low gain (2dBi) omnidirectional antenna like this provides a strong signal in every direction (including vertically)
- Intended for short range meshed networks and reaches everyone within its range.
- If you are in a building and need to cover the rooms around you then you are better off using a 2dbi dipole antenna, as they make sure you cover everyone equally in all directions
- Frequency Range: 2400~2483.5MHz
- Bandwidth: 83.5MHz
- Polarization: Linear
- Gain: A2D2 & A2D2RA: 2dBi | A2D2v2 and A2D2RAv2:1.75 dBi | A2D2RAv3:2.15 dBi
- V.S.W.R. (minimum): <2.5 | A2D2RAv3:< 1.5 (Lower VSWR is better <1.5 is an excellent V.S.W.R that translates to high performance.
- Impedence: 50 Ohms
- Operating temperature: -40 degrees Celcius to +85 Celcius
- Vibration: 10 to 55Hz with 1.5mm amplitude 2 hours
- ROHS 3 & REACH compliant: Antenna, cable and connector are all compliant with ROHS 3 and REACH.
RP-SMA Connector Characteristics:
- RP-SMA = Reverse Polarity SMA. Also known as SMA-RP, SMA-R, SMA RP, SMA R.
- RP-SMA and SMA gender is counter-intuitive: Please observe picture & note it is correct. The gender is referring to the pins inside-not the threads. RP-SMA male has threads on inside. More details regarding RP-SMA gender determination.
- RP-SMA-male and SMA is also called "plug" and the respective female connectors are also called a "jack."
- RP-SMA is a round screw-type connectors, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- We offer an RP-SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with SMA or RP-SMA connector(s).
- RP-SMA-male connector fits items that have an RP-SMA (female) jack/connector.
RELATED PRODUCTS & PAGES:
- Magnetic bases that fit this antenna and have antenna cables with various connector-types
- Other Mounts & Brackets
- Antennas: How to choose
- Directional Antennas
- Omni-Directional Antennas
- Wireless Frequencies: 2.4GHz, 5GHz, 900MHz, WiMax
- RP-SMA Cables, Antennas and Connectors
All of our antennas pass QC test before we ship them.