RP-SMA Extension Cable: 6.5FT, 8FT, 10FT. Male to Female Low Loss Shielding
- 0.10 LBS
Antenna Cable: RP-SMA Male to RP-SMA female
- One end has a RP-SMA female connector, and the other end has a RP-SMA male connector.
- The connectors are straight RP-SMA-male and straight RP-SMA female connector with bulkhead.
- See other lengths of this RP-SMA extension cable.
Cable is double-shielded, low-loss and very flexible/easily bendable coax with black jacket. The double-shielding is a major factor in the higher quality of this cable, which translates into lower loss/better performance.
We offer three options of thickness for this cable: All are rated for outdoor use and suitable for indoor use as well:
- The LMR-100 equivalent cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR100: Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR100, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG174 and RG178. The higher quality of the cable of this antenna translates into lower loss/better performance. Cable is equivalent to LMR-100 in thickness. Recommended maximum bend radius is 1.1 inches (28mm).
- The LMR-200-equivalent cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR200: Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR200, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG58.
- The LMR-400-equivalent cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR400: Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR400, and less attenuation.
- See comparison of LMR-100 and LMR-200 attenuation (signal loss).
NICKEL-PLATED CONNECTORS OPTION FOR CABLES MADE WITH LMR-400 COAX: Nickel-plated brass connector is available for the 8FT version with LMR-400 coax. For other lengths, it would be a special order.
- Our standard option Gold-Plated Brass connectors have a diameter of 15mm and have "flats" on two sides of the connector to help secure the connector in a port - to keep it from turning.
- The Nickel-Plated Connectors have a diameter of 11mm
- Nickel-plated brass is the most corrosion-resistant protection for RF connectors: Read more about nickel-plated brass and gold-plated brass for corrosion / rust prevention, on this page.
- This can be used to mount the connector (and thus the cable) on the wall of a network enclosure (to weatherproof the cable connection), or mount the connector on a case, panel or Printed Circuit Bard (PCB).
- Weatherproofing: Seal the hole where the female connector is mounted, by placing an O-ring between the wall of the enclosure and the bulkhead nut & washer on the female connector.
- The length of our standard RP-SMA-female connector (threaded part) is 3/8 inches. We have a longer option: 14.5mm, which is available as an option. The longer 14.5mm option has an O-ring embedded in the flange to waterproof the port where the cable enters a network enclosure
RP-SMA female diameter:
- Connector Body: Gold Plated Brass
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
RP-SMA Connector Details
- RP-SMA-female connector fits items that have an RP-SMA (female) jack/connector: RP-SMA = Reverse Polarity SMA.
- RP-SMA gender is counter-intuitive: The gender is referring to the pins inside-not the threads. RP-SMA male has threads on inside.
- RP-SMA female connector is also called "jack" and RP-SMA-male is also called "plug."
- RP-SMA is a round screw-type connector, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- We offer an RP-SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with RP-SMA or SMA connector(s).
Compatibility with wireless standards & applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
Our SMA to RP-SMA extension cables range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm antennas and cables, makes them suitable and compliant for all the above applications.
RoHS 3 and REACH compliant: All of our antenna cables and RF adapters are compliant with RoHS 3 and REACH restrictions on content of lead and other heavy metals and toxins.
RP-SMA male to female extension cable is easy and quick to install: The RP-SMA male connector fits the jack on many WiFi routers, and the RP-SMA female connector fits the male connector on antennas with an RP-SMA male connector: Most WiFi antennas with an RP-SMA connector have a male connector. The extension cable enables placing the antenna further from the router, in the most suitable place for line of sight.