RP-SMA Extension Cable: 6.5FT, 8FT, 10FT. Male to Female Low Loss Shielding
- In stock
- 0.10 LBS
Antenna Cable: RP-SMA Male to RP-SMA female
- One end has a RP-SMA female connector, and the other end has a RP-SMA male connector.
- The connectors are straight RP-SMA-male and straight RP-SMA female connector with bulkhead.
- See other lengths of this RP-SMA extension cable.
- Data Alliance's high-quality soldered terminations of RP-SMA connectors with soldering provide a low-loss connection with discontinuities kept to a minimum.
Cable is double-shielded, low-loss and very flexible/easily bendable coax with black jacket. The double-shielding is a major factor in the higher quality of this cable, which translates into lower loss/better performance.
We offer three options of thickness for this cable: All are rated for outdoor use and suitable for indoor use as well:
- The LMR-100 equivalent cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR100: Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR100, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG174 and RG178. The higher quality of the cable of this antenna translates into lower loss/better performance. Cable is equivalent to LMR-100 in thickness. Recommended maximum bend radius is 1.1 inches (28mm).
- The LMR-200-equivalent cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR200: Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR200, and less attenuation (signal loss) than RG58.
- The LMR-400-equivalent cable-type is equivalent or better than LMR400: Has the same or better signal-loss-per-meter and flexibility as LMR400, and less attenuation.
- See comparison of LMR-100 and LMR-200 attenuation (signal loss).
NICKEL-PLATED CONNECTORS OPTION FOR CABLES MADE WITH LMR-400 COAX: Nickel-plated brass connector is available for the 8FT version with LMR-400 coax. For other lengths, it would be a special order.
- Our standard option Gold-Plated Brass connectors have a diameter of 15mm and have "flats" on two sides of the connector to help secure the connector in a port - to keep it from turning.
- The Nickel-Plated Connectors have a diameter of 11mm
- Nickel-plated brass is the most corrosion-resistant protection for RF connectors: Read more about nickel-plated brass and gold-plated brass for corrosion / rust prevention, on this page.
- This can be used to mount the connector (and thus the cable) on the wall of a network enclosure (to weatherproof the cable connection), or mount the connector on a case, panel or Printed Circuit Bard (PCB).
- Weatherproofing: Seal the hole where the female connector is mounted, by placing an O-ring between the wall of the enclosure and the bulkhead nut & washer on the female connector.
- The length of our standard RP-SMA-female connector (threaded part) is 3/8 inches. We have a longer option: 14.5mm, which is available as an option. The longer 14.5mm option has an O-ring embedded in the flange to waterproof the port where the cable enters a network enclosure
RP-SMA female diameter:
- Connector Body:
- Center Contact: Beryllium Copper, Gold Plated
- Crimp Ferrule: Copper, Nickel Plated
- Insulators: PTFE
- Precision machined for low loss in ISO 9001 facilities
RP-SMA Connector Details
- RP-SMA-female connector fits items that have an RP-SMA (female) jack/connector: RP-SMA = Reverse Polarity SMA.
- RP-SMA gender is counter-intuitive: The gender is referring to the pins inside-not the threads. RP-SMA male has threads on inside.
- RP-SMA female connector is also called "jack" and RP-SMA-male is also called "plug."
- RP-SMA is a round screw-type connector, with medium-sized, threaded coupling connectors that are rated for frequencies from the lowest (DC) up to 18GHz.
- We offer an RP-SMA wrench to assist in installing antennas, cables and adapters with RP-SMA or SMA connector(s).
Compatibility with wireless standards & applications:
- All WiFi standards: 2.4GHz and 5GHz applications: 802.11AC, 802.11N, 802.11G, 802.11B, 802.11A
- Cellular Wireless LTE / 4G, GSM / 3G WiMax: Data and voice applications
- IoT wireless & M2M: Bluetooth, ZigBee, RFID, LoRa, LTE-m, NB-IoT.
- Compatible with all Helium miners used in North America, including Bobcat miners, Sensecap miners and all other Helium LongFi miners, as are all of our antenna cables and adapters with RP-SMA-male connectors.
Our SMA to RP-SMA extension cables range of frequency band compatibility (from 0 to 18GHz), consistently low broadband VSWR, and impedance matching to 50 Ohm antennas and cables, makes them suitable and compliant for all the above applications.
RoHS 3 and REACH compliant: All of our antenna cables and RF adapters are compliant with RoHS 3 and REACH restrictions on content of lead and other heavy metals and toxins.
RP-SMA male to female extension cable is easy and quick to install: The RP-SMA male connector fits the jack on many WiFi routers, and the RP-SMA female connector fits the male connector on antennas with an RP-SMA male connector: Most WiFi antennas with an RP-SMA connector have a male connector. The extension cable enables placing the antenna further from the router, in the most suitable place for line of sight.