Alfa AWUS036NHA 802.11b/g/n Long-Range USB Wireless Adapter:
Atheros chipset: Has best compatibility for the majority of WiFi hacker tools.
AWUS036NHA has specifications similarto Alfa AWUS036NH, except that it has an Atheros chipset (AWUS036NH has Ralink chipset)
- Compatible with IEEE 802.11 n wireless standards: Connect IEEE 802.11b/g/n wireless network at 150 Mbps in the 2.4GHz band
- Compatible with IEEE 802.11 b/g at 54 Mbps
- 2.4GHz frequency band, MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output)
- Complies with Universal Serial Bus Rev.2.0 specifications
- High speed transfer TX data rate up to150 Mbps
- Supports wireless data encryption with 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES
- Wide Range coverage
- Compliant with FCC Part 15.247 for US, ETS 300 328 for Europe
- Drivers for Windows 2000, XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7
- Convenient Utility: Security encryption can be configured by this utility. Scans for available networks on Windows XP and saves preferred networks that users are usually connected with.
Threaded antenna jack for durability & ability to upgrade antennas & add extension cables to antennas
- Option to upgrade to high-gain antennas for long distance networking: RP-SMA(female): threaded jack / connector
- Extension cable (sold separately) can be added or removed, as needed to move antenna into favorable position (see section below).
- Detachable antenna included: 5dBi
- SECURITY: WEP 64/128, 802.1X support, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), WPA-PSK, WPA II-PSK, Cisco CCX support, WAPI-PSK,WAPI-CERT (see more detail in Technical Specs section below)
- Enables any laptop or desktop PC with a USB port for connectivity / access to a wireless PC network ("WiFi")
- Easy installation and hot-plugging - flexibility and convenience of USB connections. Quickly and easily connect to wireless network with minimal install time and effort.
- In new retail BOX, with CD-ROM with User Manual, drivers, Windows-based configuration utility and status monitoring, full documentation in PDF format.
If you have an internal wireless card: You can use this ALFA AWUS036NHA adapter by disabling your internal card (in Device Manager). EXTEND RANGE WITH ANTENNAS, MOUNTS & USB EXT. CABLES:Click here for antennas/accessories page or click individual accessory-type below: OPERATING SYSTEMS
Windows 2000, XP32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7
AWUS036NHA does not support Linux driver "directly". If AWUS036NHA user wants to use it with Linux, they need to use open source.
Link of discussion of Linux open source driver to use on the AWUS036NHA: Read this about"How To"use with Linux
USB 2.0. For 1.1 USB ports, there may be an issue with electricity flow to support this high-power adapter.
Software AP:Supports software Access Point (AP) functionality